Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'15 Forester 2.5 CVT
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Legacy, premium, 30 000 miles, CVT.

My dealer offers to replace it by a brand new 2012 Outback, Manual Transmission, for same leasing payments...

Shall I pull the trigger or stay with my Legacy?

·
Registered
'13 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight ::::: '02 2.5Ltd AT
95 Posts

My dealer offers to replace it by a brand new 2012 Outback, Manual Transmission, for same leasing payments...

Shall I pull the trigger or stay with my Legacy?
Can you specify the terms? $0 down, x months, $x residual, x money factor, etc.

It's just that payment is meaningless without the terms. I will gladly lease you my fully-loaded 2013 for $1 per month if I can set the rest of the terms.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
I have a legacy CVT and an OB. Why do you need an OB? Everything we do with the OB the legacy does. We even pack them the same minus the dog. Bikes either in hitch rack or roof rack - canoe on the lid with the roof box - and yes the legacy will tow the small tent trailer fine also. Only major difference is the dog being behind the back see of the OB - and the legacy being far far nicer to drive and has far superior tires which last longer than the OB.

We actually lived with a Legacy for over 10yrs camping and towing toys and the dog rode in the back seat in his bed. Now with the kids the dog needs to go behind the back seat so he gets packed on top of our duffel bags.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Only time ground clearance becomes a big difference in the Legacy vs OB is when we get really adventurous and leave the fairly tame logging roads for rougher less traveled trails though even then the OB's off road limits are only slightly more than the legacy.

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts

My dealer offers to replace it by a brand new 2012 Outback, Manual Transmission, for same leasing payments...Shall I pull the trigger or stay with my Legacy?

Don't know you situation (Car's need) but this is how people turn their 30 yrs Mortgage into 50 yrs mortgage.... Same monthly payment, lower rate... Let's increase the loan amt.....etc.

Ask yourself do you need a NEW car FIRST.... if not, the rest don't MEAN anything....

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Don't know you situation (Car's need) but this is how people turn their 30 yrs Mortgage into 50 yrs mortgage.... Same monthly payment, lower rate... Let's increase the loan amt.....etc.

Ask yourself do you need a NEW car FIRST.... if not, the rest don't MEAN anything....
No doubt just met with our financial guy Friday last week. His current customers who are able to retire have about 5 mill in the bank. He said low interest rates and limited other money making places to park money make it nearly impossible to retire on anything less than that at 50yrs of age. He said his younger retirees of recent are all spending around 30K a year in Health Care fees - and are between 5- and 10 million in funds with a paid off home.

He said one of his best retired couples are 50yrs old and public school teachers! He said its amazing what you can do if your just smart with your money. He happens to be my age with two kids about the same age as ours and lives close by so we had a longer talk about how the **** we would ever be able to retire vs the funds and money decisions we were doing for our portfolio was the easy discussion. LOL

AFter the call my wife says - we are not eating out ANY MORE! HA HA!!
We are also never purchasing a new car again the 2010 OB will be the last car we buy new.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
Cars are (always) tools to me, so we buy as–needed. Yeh, it’s bad enough we buy New but oh well. Only once we switched a 2yr old car to a minivan, 2 toddlers can quickly outgrow/change things.<O:p</O:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts