Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Love it or hate it?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some new decals on my cruiser. I just like the way they look. Some will like it, some will hate it... "This is my Outback. There are many like it, but this one is mine." - Me

I added a poll, only because I'm curious. You won't hurt my feelings. 馃榿

Registered
2020 Outback Premier 2.5i
Couldn't vote because there was no "none of the above" or at least "indifferent". I bought my 20 OB Premier because I liked the way it looks, especially on the inside, plus there is the Subaru rep for AWD. I marvel at the threads about lift kits, monster tires, demon headlights and the like. I just wanted a nice looking car that I could load up with people and luggage and go on a comfortable driving trip. OK, that will have to wait because of COVID; so now I have a nice looking grocery getter. But I will say to each their own. It's what makes the world go 'round. If you're happy, I think that's all that matters.

Premium Member
2020 Onyx
I had giant custom vinyl on my first turbocharged car. I think it's great to do something original and that text on silver looks like it could have been factory - it's not cheesy in my opinion. I like the font. I'd do a double-take if I saw it in person. Looks tasteful to me adjacent to the rectangular silver Outback emblem.

Registered
2020 Onyx XT
There are no flames. It's fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I had giant custom vinyl on my first turbocharged car. I think it's great to do something original and that text on silver looks like it could have been factory - it's not cheesy in my opinion. I like the font. I'd do a double-take if I saw it in person. Looks tasteful to me adjacent to the rectangular silver Outback emblem.
I like it, not too large but still sets it apart
There are no flames. It's fine.
Flames... HAW HAW HAW!!! Thanks guys.

Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
I like the simple lettering style and location on the painted surface. The name "Interceptor" I'm indifferent about. But to make it all more effective and stand out, you should black out the "Outback" on the rocker panels.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the simple lettering style and loction on the painted surface. The name "Interceptor" I'm indifferent about. But to make it all more effective and stand out, you should black out the "Outback" on the rocker panels.
That's an interesting idea! Thanks.

Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
Yep, it is cheesy. But it is your vehicle so do whatever you want to it.

Registered
2020 Onyx XT
Flames... Haw haw haw!!! Thanks guys.
Yeah well, who am I to talk? I have trees and cat faces on the back of mine. We have to personalize our vehicles to our liking, not anyone else's. Would I put Interceptor on mine? Nope. Cats and trees? Yep. But, it's all in good taste and your Interceptor is not overly done. Like @jrredstar says, it's a great font and location. Makes the point without being ridiculous like...Ummmm....Flames! 馃敟 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I think it's great to do something original and that text on silver looks like it could have been factory - it's not cheesy in my opinion.
When I have customized any car I've owned, I have always tried to make it look like it could have come from the factory like that. If it looks too flashy, then right away it is assumed that it's fake, and your just another tuner.

Registered
But this is a Subaru, not a Ford... call me old fashioned, but I expect an interceptor to be overly accessorized (grille guards, spotlight, strobe LED lights, megaphone, utility tires, etc..)

Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Limited
Cheesy, but as others mentioned what matters is what YOU think.

That said, I like many of your other mods.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts