Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Love it or hate it?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
2020 Onyx XT
But this is a Subaru, not a Ford... call me old fashioned, but I expect an interceptor to be overly accessorized (grille guards, spotlight, strobe LED lights, megaphone, utility tires, etc..)
Give him time. He has to start somewhere. I'm sure all that stuff has been pre-ordered.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
But this is a Subaru, not a Ford... call me old fashioned, but I expect an interceptor to be overly accessorized (grille guards, spotlight, strobe LED lights, megaphone, utility tires, etc..)
Ford is just the one who uses it the most. Many vehicles have carried that name. Have you ever laid eyes on the gorgeous Dodge M4S Turbo Interceptor?

I would love one of these beauties.

The Royal Enfield Interceptor

The Jensen Interceptor

That is just to name a few. As uncommon as it is, it's just a name. I think it has an element of pizzaz. 馃榿

Premium Member
2020 Onyx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Banned
Ford is just the one who uses it the most. Many vehicles have carried that name. Have you ever laid eyes on the gorgeous Dodge M4S Turbo Interceptor?

View attachment 498021

View attachment 498022

View attachment 498023

The Jensen Interceptor

View attachment 498024

That is just to name a few. As uncommon as it is, it's just a name. I think it has an element of pizzaz. 馃榿
But those vehicles have the ability to actually intercept something.....the OB not so much.....unless you are trying to run down a Yugo.

Reactions: walker

Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
I just cast the tiebreaker vote. I like subtle personalization. I saved one of the 'C' letters from my wrecked tailgate and made my car an OUTBACC.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
But those vehicles have the ability to actually intercept something.....the OB not so much.....unless you are trying to run down a Yugo.
The 3.6 is no slouch. Don't sell it short. It isn't as fast as some other cars I've owned, but it will get up and out of it's own way like someone lit a small fire on its tail.

Registered

View attachment 498021

View attachment 498022

View attachment 498023

The Jensen Interceptor

View attachment 498024

That dodge cost something like $1.5 million to build in 1981. Impressive what they did with the little 2.2 liter cosworth.

Most people remember it from the movie The Wraith.

Here is another interceptor...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
That dodge cost something like $1.5 million to build in 1981. Impressive what they did with the little 2.2 liter cosworth.

Most people remember it from the movie The Wraith.

Here is another interceptor...

View attachment 498048
Yes. It never went beyond the prototype stage because it was thought that nobody would buy a $60,000 Dodge, even if it sported a 400hp Cosworth. In the 80's that was a ton of money. It is a real shame. The Wraith was a good movie by the way! Loved it! I liked the characters [email protected], and Gutterboy.

Registered
Yes. It never went beyond the prototype stage because it was thought that nobody would by a $60,000 Dodge, even if it sported a 400hp Cosworth. In the 80's that was a ton of money. It is a real shame. The Wraith was a good movie by the way! Loved it! I liked the characters [email protected], and Gutterboy.
I liked their 66 barracuda. That鈥檚 what you need to do... the old flying tiger jaw inspired graphics.

Premium Member
2020 Onyx
Ahh... so that's where that car came from. Yeah that's a cult classic movie isn't it?

Reactions: Maxboost08

Registered
2020 Onyx XT
I just cast the tiebreaker vote. I like subtle personalization. I saved one of the 'C' letters from my wrecked tailgate and made my car an OUTBACC.
You should snag another "A". ;)

Registered
Ahh... so that's where that car came from. Yeah that's a cult classic movie isn't it?

Well, the car existed and then they wanted to use it for the movie... the real one was in a few close up shots, and the rest of the cars were made for the movie (some were drivable some were not).

If you watch the movie you鈥檒l see the dodge emblem embossed on the front of the car in a few scenes.

Registered
I put some new decals on my cruiser. I just like the way they look. Some will like it, some will hate it... "This is my Outback. There are many like it, but this one is mine." - Me Love it, I like humour as much as possible in everything. People can be too serious about vehicles. Personally over the years I've put all kinds of silly bumper stickers, decals and badges on my various cars and trucks and never had a bad response or regretted it. My current OB is named "Buzzbomb" (3.0 with straight pipes) and has a Corvette badge on the back. The only bumper sticker I've second thoughts about was one that I said "I'm a Vagetarian", that one made me a little uncomfortable when my elderly mother noticed it asked me what it meant. My Dad almost laughed his ass off and told her that he'd explain it to her later. Thanks Dad I miss you!:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 497944

View attachment 497945

View attachment 497946

View attachment 497947

I added a poll, only because I'm curious. You won't hurt my feelings. 馃榿

Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
Talk about flash! Look at all the lights on that cruiser. Haw haw haw!!!
Those lights are what makes the cruiser noticeable to people who need to get out of the way. Sirens don't do very much, as has been proven many times over many years. But good flashers are visible as reflections from road signs and in rear view mirrors half a mile away. So they may look just flashy to you, but they're a real matter of safety for emergency vehicles hurrying to save lives.
Been there; done that . . . 馃槉

21 - 40 of 51 Posts