Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

I have look through the different forums but couldn't find anythign that could help me out.

I have no clue how this happened (maybe brush from the side of the road), but I have some scratches on the rear passenger door, but not the front. Anyway, some scratches are not deep (can't catch my nail). However, some scratches, I can catch a nail :(. Does anybody know of what is the best stuff on the market (or know the best process to get these scratches out?????)

What is going on, it seems I am getting scratches everwhere, did subaru cheap out on the paint, it seems like it awful thin :(:mad:

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Thanks to the EPA, all manufactures are required to use low VOC, water based , two stage, base coat, clear coat, acrylic urethane paint.
All car forums are complaining of this easily chipped and damaged paint.
It's not just Subaru.

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
I would start here.. Subaru paint is soft compared to other manufacturers.. There are many topics about chip scratch removal in the forum.. Good Luck..

Steve..

Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just registered into this forum. Seems like a useful site

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
Since my '05 Impreza I've felt the paint is thin. BUT Subaru was ahead of the game on environmentally friendly processes (these things are built in a zero landfill emissions factory).

I've read alot lately confirming what upflying has said. New regulations don't allow the harsh chemicals that used to make paint alot tougher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts