Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2006 WX8: my "Outback" > yours
978 Posts
Those would be the new Forester filters. It is also the current filter for the Outback and Legacy until the vendor gets replacements into the system for the 15A filter.
It simply caught my attention that the part number is the same as what was factory-installed on 4-cyl. engines in 2003.

·
Registered
2008 OBK XT LTD
15 Posts
It simply caught my attention that the part number is the same as what was factory-installed on 4-cyl. engines in 2003.
Close, but not quite. The old 4 cyl # is 15208AA060...the link is for 15208AA160

The 160 filter has only been out for not quite two years.

·
Registered
2008 OBK XT LTD
15 Posts
I don't know, those Nippon filters scare me. Has anyone used them? The Subaru filters were made by Tokyo Roki. Those appear to be some kind of knock-off with the 060 number on them.

Sorry for the horrible threadjack OP

*Edit* Sorry, I didn't read enough. I see that you already know these aren't the Tokyo Roki filters. My bad :(

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback PZEV,2010 Impreza 2.5i
533 Posts

·
Registered
2006 WX8: my "Outback" > yours
978 Posts
AA100 is another 4-cyl. filter that hasn't been mentioned yet. But really, what is the deal with Japanese filters with Subaru numbers on them? Nippon brand is one of several. I doubt they are unauthorized knock-offs, unless making such is a normal business practice in Japan.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited - Twilight Blue
167 Posts

·
Registered
2013, 2.5I, Limited+eyesight
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited - Twilight Blue
167 Posts
what? That's unexpected. Maybe because I bought my OB13 at July. So the manual was not updated?
That would make sense to get the previous year manual if the new one wasnt ready. Seems a little reckless though.

Anyways, with the 160 oil filter on your car it seems to fit and work fine? I was thinking about using those after the warranty was done on my 2013 2.5L since they are better made filters than the 15A's I have, which have all been recalled I just found out :p

·
Registered
2013, 2.5I, Limited+eyesight
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That would make sense to get the previous year manual if the new one wasnt ready. Seems a little reckless though.

Anyways, with the 160 oil filter on your car it seems to fit and work fine? I was thinking about using those after the warranty was done on my 2013 2.5L since they are better made filters than the 15A's I have, which have all been recalled I just found out :p
I can only say nothing strange happened. :).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts