Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We didn't even know the remote start was a option but it appears Thr Subaru made many of the other options as easy add ons so I was wondering if anyone knew if you can ad the remote start to a vehicle previously not equipt with it?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
187 Posts
Yes you can, but shop around. A small business near me put in a unit that talks back, lets me know the car started, and it had a 3,000 ft range. Cost installed $500 + tax. :29:

·
Registered
2012 Outback Limited, 2.5i
38 Posts
Yeah I agree, dont do the factory remote start. It shuts the car off when open the door, plus you can get an aftermarket remote start/alarm much better, cheaper.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
187 Posts
Yeah I agree, dont do the factory remote start. It shuts the car off when open the door, plus you can get an aftermarket remote start/alarm much better, cheaper.
I see you're at Ft Collins. Have stayed a couple of times at the KOA outside of town. Had a little camping trailer, toybox, we could put the cycle in. The rt 14 to Waldon is a great ride on a bike. Went to Waldon to also have lunch at a restaurant that looked like a log cabin. Good food, Colorado has great motorcycling roads. Been on a lot, but not enough!!!

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
The factory RS is a fairly easy but pricey add on when dealer installed. A few of us on the forum purchased new un-opened Subaru remote starts on eBay for $99 and did our own install. It still requires a trip to the dealer for programming (which can only be done by the dealer). That costs about $50. The shut off at door opening is no big deal for me. If it bothers you there is a workaround on the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts