Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to adjust rear view mirror height? Ideally I would like to raise it up a bit. I googled a bit and couldn't find anything specific about adjusting the height on the 2020 but did find some mentioning it could be adjusted a little on previous models. I have the auto-dimming mirror if that matters.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
God I hope someone tells you that it's possible, that thing is so low it's one of the only things that still bugs me about my Outback.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the mirror has 2 ball joints. One on the back of the mirror and one where I mounts to the windshield. Is is just the one one the windshield is pretty tight, at least for me, so it took some effort to adjust it.
Oh perfect, that did the trick! :D Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5 Hi-Yo, Ice Silver! Away!
188 Posts
I did not know about this.
Really it was annoying at 4 way stops since i'd have to look for any car on my right due to the mirror blocking that area.

Great info!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought the mirror has 2 ball joints. One on the back of the mirror and one where I mounts to the windshield. Is is just the one one the windshield is pretty tight, at least for me, so it took some effort to adjust it.
Thank you so much! Everytine I’d get in the car I’d be pissed about the mirror. I had no idea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m unclear on this and afraid of ripping the mirror off the windshield, do you secure the arm and raise the mirror or lift up on the base affixed to the windshield? I’m not near the vehicle and probably over thinking this.

·
Registered
2020 Outback
189 Posts
I’m unclear on this and afraid of ripping the mirror off the windshield, do you secure the arm and raise the mirror or lift up on the base affixed to the windshield? I’m not near the vehicle and probably over thinking this.
It’s not likely at all that you will rip the base off the windshield, they’re securely attached to the glass. There’s a ball-type joint on the base where it mounts to the glass, then an arm, then another ball joint on the mirror. I’m not near my car either, but that’s the norm for these things. When you look at it, it will become obvious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts