Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 6 month interval services do customer have to pay during warranty period? If yes, should I take extended warranty or any other free service deal?

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,803 Posts
There have been deals offered for service in the past during the warranty period, sometimes depending upon the region of the country where you bought it, but in general, if you weren't told of this when you bought the vehicle, then it probably wasn't included. Simplest way to check this out is to call the dealer who sold you the vehicle.

Regarding extended warranty or free service deals, it all depends. I almost always say no, but it depends on your situation and risk tolerance.

And ..... welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
11,142 Posts
For 6 month interval services do customer have to pay during warranty period? If yes, should I take extended warranty or any other free service deal?
Unless your dealer has a special arrangement, Subarus don't automatically come with free service/maintenance, but some dealers do offer it as a reason to choose them instead of a competing dealership.

For an extended warranty, I would only buy the official Subaru ones described here: https://www.subaru.com/addedsecurity

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 2.5i
299 Posts
I got 4 free services on my outback. But only at the dealer I bought it at, and only if I live in that state. I just had my first free service.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
345 Posts
Just to show all dealers are different, my dealer gives free oil changes at the six month interval, but charges for the tire rotation and everything else not covered by warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Touring XT & 21 Taco TRD Sport Premium
769 Posts
Any warranty repairs are covered by Subaru, but unless you bought a pack or your dealer offers scheduled maintenance with a sale you are responsible for all maintenance costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts