Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is SOA still producing the 2013 Outback Limited with SAP & BBP exterior paint color?

I know this has been touched on numerous times here but can anyone confirm that SOA is no longer making the Brilliant Brown Pearl "BBP" exterior paint color in the Special Appearance Package "SAP"?

Supposedly the BBP exterior paint color was for a limited time and SOA only was producing the BBP exterior paint color only for the months of June - August 2012.

Has anyone tried to order a 2013 Limited Outback with the SAP in the BBP exterior paint color after 8/31/12?

My wife got her 2013 Limited Outback with the SAP in the BBP exterior paint color in August and I think it would be cool to have one of the only few around the DC area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was able to order a 3.6 Limited with BBP on September 5th. I got a VON # so I would assume that the order was accepted. I have not heard anything else from dealer/SOA that would contradict this. What I do not know is if my dealer already had a 3.6 BBP in the pipeline and my order took its place? Do not know the specifics regarding this or if this could even occur.

Hope this helps,
Robert

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine in June, received it in July. The dealership told me they were unable to get any more of the BBP. It was very limited color and if you did not order it or lucky enough to find one at a dealership I believe you out of luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rellison1986,
All the literature I have says that BBP only came in the 2.5i model. What information do you have?
~c9chief

·
Registered
32 Posts
My mistake. Thank you for the information. Part of me is upset due to the fact that I originally wanted a 3.6 BBP. The other is happy I am going to save on gas money still with a Limited BBP. It is what it is now. Delivery date October 7.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any cool pictures of your Package #23 Subie? Any cool plans for aftermarket accessories?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Any cool pictures of your Package #23 Subie? Any cool plans for aftermarket accessories?

I posted these a while back in the 'Official 2013' thread. Here they are again. No aftermarket plan for me. Especially the Uncle Ben's accessories that folks insist on putting on a station wagon. I need to tint the front windows to match the rest. Maybe a bike rack at some point.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure what you mean about "Uncle Ben's"?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh man I am getting old when I can't make connections like that. Thanks VicVinegar!

·
Registered
32 Posts
:) gotta get hip again. Hopefully the new Subie and a kayak can bring back my youth!

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you all like the grey side mirrors with integrated turn signals? Yours are the only models where the color of the mirror does not match the color of the body. And do you like the integrated side mirrors? I am really into them, and wondering how I can get some for my brand new 2013 limited (graphite grey). Your color grey might look pretty cool on my graphite...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know this has been touched on numerous times here but can anyone confirm that SOA is no longer making the Brilliant Brown Pearl "BBP" exterior paint color in the Special Appearance Package "SAP"?

Supposedly the BBP exterior paint color was for a limited time and SOA only was producing the BBP exterior paint color only for the months of June - August 2012.

Has anyone tried to order a 2013 Limited Outback with the SAP in the BBP exterior paint color after 8/31/12?

Thanks!
TTT

Thanks!

·
Registered
814 Posts
How do you all like the grey side mirrors with integrated turn signals? Yours are the only models where the color of the mirror does not match the color of the body. And do you like the integrated side mirrors? I am really into them, and wondering how I can get some for my brand new 2013 limited (graphite grey). Your color grey might look pretty cool on my graphite...
I like the turn signals in the mirror but don't care for the contrasting color on the mirror itself or the door handles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
YES you can! Act fast though; Who knows how much longer...

TTT

Thanks!
yes but be careful what a dealer tells you! I ordered on September 6th from dealer A. September 7th dealer A called me to inform me that BBP is no longer available. So I called dealer B and on September 12th I ordered a 3.6R in BBP and got a VON. Can't wait!!!

Joe says so too :)
"9/21 2013 Outback Limited Special Appearance package in the brilliant brown color continues to be available. Initially it was reported that the color would only be produced through August."

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
21 Participants
cyberpirate
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing