Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a couple bike holders for my 2011 Subaru Outback. I noticed Subaru sells a bike attachment for their roof rack. Is the Subaru Bike Attachment decent quality? Or should I get a Thule or Yakima attachment?

Aldo

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT All-Weather/Alloy Package, Graphite Gray
199 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,094 Posts
The Subaru-stickered racks are Yakima, I have one. It works well, I'm actually about to re-mount it for the summer (I took it off for winter).

·
Registered
2018 3.6 Outback Limited, 2013 2.5 Legacy Premium
534 Posts
I've been using Yakima products for a long time, and I've got Yakima FrontLoader roof Bike Rack
on my OB right now and it has been my favorite rack so far. I hate taking the wheels off the bike and this rack has been really easy to attach to the factory rails and holds the bike really well.

On a quick secondary note, I've had two bikes attached to the factory rails and have been on some rough roads in Moab (I know, not recommended, but unavoidable for the most part, just take it slow as possible!), but the bikes themselves wobbled back and forth quite a bit, but the factory bars held firm and I've never had an issue with them, then again I don't haul canoes or kayaks like some people here do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to get a couple bike holders for my 2011 Subaru Outback. I noticed Subaru sells a bike attachment for their roof rack. Is the Subaru Bike Attachment decent quality? Or should I get a Thule or Yakima attachment?

Aldo
Thank you all for the info. This is very helpful! I'm familiar with Yakima and know thatthey are good products. I'm to hear the Subaru bike accessory is Yakima.

Aldo

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Thank you all for the info. This is very helpful! I'm familiar with Yakima and know thatthey are good products. I'm to hear the Subaru bike accessory is Yakima.

Aldo
As I confirmed above. Would you like a picture?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A picture would be great! Do you recall what you paid for the bike rack accessory?

Aldo

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I paid less than what I would have paid (including shipping) at Subaru Online Parts but from my local dealer. They said they'd price match and went a little lower.

I'll probably put it on tonight, I'll snag a picture of the end cap that says Yakima.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
It's not the end cap, but it shows it's Yakima. I have the wheel-on tray. I had 2 more pictures but the site isn't taking them.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts