Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to see a posting a couple of weeks ago that had a comprehensive table that listed main menu screens, sub menus and selectable items in the multi-information display. I wished I has saved the link but didn't and have spent numerous hours trying to find it again. Does someone know where I can locate this?

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
346 Posts
I happened to see a posting a couple of weeks ago that had a comprehensive table that listed main menu screens, sub menus and selectable items in the multi-information display. I wished I has saved the link but didn't and have spent numerous hours trying to find it again. Does someone know where I can locate this?

It’s in the manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
648 Posts
In today's rapid development world, software and documentation are often out of sync since the lead time to print manuals can be months. Meanwhile, the software is still being developed.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,109 Posts
In today's rapid development world, software and documentation are often out of sync since the lead time to print manuals can be months. Meanwhile, the software is still being developed.
One practical solution, once the functional specifications are agreed upon, is to write the user's manual first, and then write the software to conform to the documentation. As a bonus, the manual then comprises a major component of the test plan and also becomes the acceptance document. I have managed several successful projects using this approach, one of them international in scope, and I've even published papers outlining the process. See: http://www.mcinnisusa.com/public/papers/1989_Interex_Documentation.pdf.

Reactions: rasterman
1 - 6 of 6 Posts