Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
First time in two weeks of driving my new 2013 OB I had to use its horn signal. What's a f***ing joke! It sounds very embarrassing for such a fine vehicle. As if I'm driving a clown mobile or a tricycle, not an all mighty AWD Subaru 3.6R Outback. Is there any way to remedy such an indignation?

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
Wear a red nose and big squeaky shoes.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
618 Posts
Train horn!
Hornblasters.com
Make it happen!

Seriously, though, the Hella Supertones (while they are a Subaru cliche) are very effective at getting attention when needed. I'm a douchebag when it comes to mods, no doubt... but even my wife (who's idea of a mod is new windshield wiper blades) liked the Hella's effectiveness so much she had me put a set in her car.

They work well enough that I put a set on my motorcycle. You think a stock Suby horn is weak? Try a Kawasaki horn in traffic. You're better off just running yourself over than trying to use that tin crapper.

The biggest downside the Hellas Supertones is that people in front of you will want to get out and knock your teeth in. They are road rage inducing, F%^& you horns. I'm sure there are louder ones, but these are really obnoxious. And I don't toot my horn to be polite.

·
Registered
2015 Twilight Blue Legacy Premium
466 Posts
Our horn sounds like "excuse me, can you please move?". My mom's $19k Elantra sounds like " Get out my way!!!"

Our horn is a joke. I'll definitely be looking into another one as well.

·
Registered
'14, 2.5 SAP w/Eyesight
118 Posts
just about everyone(who is willing to slightly change a car and lacking a superiority complex) buys hella horns
Get the hella horns, they're worth the ~$50. I'd also recommend the Subimods harness (just make sure you get the 5-pin relay). Check out some of the links mentioned above.

Just look at the size difference of the hella's vs stock, there's no comparison!

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,612 Posts
...Here's what I did...just like subienewbie I would recomend the harness from subimods.com...makes the install a snap...and I still wear the clown nose and shoes...lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
You joined just to bump horn threads, didn't you?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts