Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster! I've been reading this site for a few months now and have received some great tips on the purchase of my first Subaru.

I just received an e-quote on an in transit 2013 OB 2.5, Brilliant Brown Pearl,Saddle Brown Leather (SAP), with the following factory options: splash guards, rear cargo net, rear side cargo net, rear bumper guard, rear seat protector and all weather mats.
Dealer's advertised MSRP is $34,020. Truecar.com figures to $34,538. Quoted email price from the dealer was $30,448 plus almost $300 in closing fees. No other dealer fees or costs. This does not include sales taxes. No discussion of trade in (50/50 on this) or use of Subaru's financing (which is appealing). Midwest location.

The only additional item/option/add-on I am interested in is a rear trailer hitch.

How does this offer appear to you? What am I missing in consideration of this offer? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
557 Posts
i used the truecar www site to help me determine if my price was good... at the time, it was!

the nice thing is you are already under the truecar price and you can still negotiate lower.

good luck!

joel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. $4000 off of MSRP sounds about right, especially for the SAP. My local credit union matched the Subaru financing rate --1.9%. I would rather keep my dollars in the community. Good luck with your decision -- it's a great car..... so far. I owned a 2011 prior to this one and it was flawless.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just purchased my 2013 this week and the price we agreed on was just over $4k off MSRP. I also had them install a few Subaru options and worked with a aftermarket shop to install a Class III (2") hitch. I felt this was a good price for us.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
.....The only additional item/option/add-on I am interested in is a rear trailer hitch.....
I would shoot for the hitch included in the deal but they might pull the "rare color" card on you. As it is it's a very good, but not killer deal. Is it worth it to you to lose the deal over 4-5 hundred bucks??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
melloboy
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing