Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Satin White 3.6R limited with Special Appearance Package, body side molding, splash guards, all season mats and puddle lights. MSRP $37,727. Internet quote is $32,252. Do you think there is any more room to negotiate? I am going to test drive it tis afternoon.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
What is the invoice?? There is a really long thread with tons of pricing already going.

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's the best price I have seen so far - 14.5% off of MSRP. Go for it. Make sure you thoroughly inspect the car before purchase. Is the dealer offering similar discount on all Outbacks in stock or just this unit?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
I agree about the percentage of discount.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stood my ground on the trade in price. They offered me $7,000 for my trade. I wanted $10,000. I got them up to $9,000 and then offered to meet them half way at that point to $9,500. They couldn't swing it. I drove home without a new car :(

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
No offense but I honestly think that was greedy of you. That's a heck of a price right out of the gate (assuming it was new and had nothing wrong with it) and you walked out because you lost $500 on your trade? If that small amount was worth loosing the deal over then I guess you weren't that serious of a buyer.

I mean your only talking $10 / month at that point.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are right I was not a serious buyer. I don't need a new car. I am not even in the market for a new car. I just really liked the Special Appearance Package. I've told myself if i still want it on the 26th, then I'll go back and get it.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
I was not a serious buyer. I don't need a new car. I am not even in the market for a new car.
:28:

Now think of the next guy who comes into the same dealer who may not be given a fair chance because of the dealership's bad experience from someone jerking them around, who was "NOT a serious buyer ... and NOT even in the market".

:28:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hopefully you get the same deal and they don't knock it up some for jerking them around the first time.

What are you trading anyway?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow you guys are not that friendly. I actually had a great experience today at this dealership. I was not jerking anyone around. I would have bought the car if they had come to $9,500 for my trade. I was trading in a 2005 Outback 2.5XT Limited.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's not that I'm unfriendly, I just feel the dealer has been more then fair with the pricing and you still turned it down.

KBB trade-in value for your 05 Outback XT Limited is $9,007 in excellent condition (assuming average mileage) so they are even being fair there too and you still aren't happy and want more.

I would have jumped on it - you are getting a great deal (14.5% off MSRP is amazing) - but you said you weren't even a serious buyer and you weren't in the market so it's a little hard to take you seriously I guess.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
88 Posts
Yup,

I really like the Special Appearance Package too....that's why I bought it:29:

·
Registered
154 Posts
You got bubbled. They're not going to do that deal when you come back. Just making sure your shopping numbers prevent you from buying elsewhere.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited
950 Posts
Who cares what the guy did to the dealer. Seriously. The dealer isn't going to hold a grudge or not deal with the next person who looks at the car...It's called being professional. The dealer knows they are going to get some people are who are going to play hardball with them and they took a shot.

It did sound like a good price though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought the car. Just got home with it. So far so good. I love the bluetooth streaming. The navigation lady is kinda dumb, maybe I just need to get use to her lol. My favorite feature so far is never having to take the key out of my pocket. Navigation lady also seems a bit racist. She doesn't understand afrocentric name pronunciations.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW KBB trade in for my car was $10,123.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i CVT Limited, Nav+EyeSight
228 Posts
I would have jumped on it - you are getting a great deal (14.5% off MSRP is amazing)
Don't forget, everyone - dealers factor in the trade-in value. A dealer will give a low quote to get you interested and then give you less money for the trade-in to make up the difference. Or the opposite - they give you a great deal on the trade-in and a less-awesome deal on the out-the-door price.

It sounds like a pretty good deal for both, though. Subaru Dealer will be able to unload your used Subaru, so they can give you close to the book value for it. If you'd been trading in anything else, it might have looked a lot different.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I bought the car. Just got home with it. So far so good. I love the bluetooth streaming. The navigation lady is kinda dumb, maybe I just need to get use to her lol. My favorite feature so far is never having to take the key out of my pocket. Navigation lady also seems a bit racist. She doesn't understand afrocentric name pronunciations.
I'm glad it worked out for you! Post some pics of the new addition! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great Price

I'm trying to negotiate a similar price without the trade in..so far no luck!
I'm in AZ and the taxes and fees are very high..i think anyway..close to 4K! I want to walk out the door paying no more than 36K and maybe a little change..if i have to. I can't get them to bite as of yet. It is for the EXACT same care you got! :rolleyes: What was your OUT the Door Price?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts