Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealers want to deal right now, I have never seen this before when looking at Subaru's. I started with the AAA discount but soon found out I could do better and I did. Even some accessories I have been getting very good prices on, so I am waiting for just one more item then the order goes in, and if you are not in a rush and do what I am doing, having it built, you can save a bit more as it does not have to sit on the dealers floor and they do not have to pay interest to the bank...this helps... Good luck if you are looking, glad I finally am biting the bullet and ordering this car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I already know..

OB LTD
even thought I did not want nav I wanted Eyesite and a roof, so that too
Thinking of Electronic ignition starter from outside of the car
door moldings
cargo net (can't decide on front or back, which will serve me best, I think back for shopping bags
Bumper cover
Splash guards
That new blue with a tan interior
maybe a couple of other things just can't remember right now. I believe it will be a very nice vehicle for me.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
Remote start comes in the package, if you buy Limited.
Cargo nets are extra; I added all 3 of them, after I bought the car.
Splash guards, bumper cover and side moldings came also in the Limited package on my 2013 OB.
Arch moldings do not (those are good to have) - I also added them later.
And, of course, the hitch - I added U-Haul 2" later (better than OEM Subaru, I think).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remote start comes in the package, if you buy Limited.
Cargo nets are extra; I added all 3 of them, after I bought the car.
Splash guards, bumper cover and side moldings came also in the Limited package on my 2013 OB.
Arch moldings do not (those are good to have) - I also added them later.
And, of course, the hitch - I added U-Haul 2" later (better than OEM Subaru, I think).
I will have to check that as the dealers have not agreed with these being part of the LTD...and when you build a car on line you can add these (when usually something that comes with a package you will get a popup. Thanks, will check.

Could it be that the car you picked happened to have these extras? I am going to go and look again at the subaru site, and again, thanks

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
It could be that those were "extras" on the car ..... the car did not have the "sticker" although it was brand new - but - since it changed hands with several dealers (my dealer had to "locate" the car). On the "sticker" I would have seen, what was the "limited" package and what were the xtras....I do know that the "special appearance" package was extra.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It could be that those were "extras" on the car ..... the car did not have the "sticker" although it was brand new - but - since it changed hands with several dealers (my dealer had to "locate" the car). On the "sticker" I would have seen, what was the "limited" package and what were the xtras....I do know that the "special appearance" package was extra.
The remote start is an option but one I got a good price on, but I found out that the winter package which I wanted but did not want to spend the money on is standard on the LTD, it would be nice if the Subaru website would make it a bit easier to see what is standard and what is not, so that is a great surprise. Now if they would let you buy eyesight without navigation, but i will take the nav to get the eyesight. I will report back once I get it and tell what is standard.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did you buy a "demo" car? That sticker is required by law on a new car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
endo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing