Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freezing rain and now snow, everything is shut down - except my wife's office! I didn't mind though because that gave me a chance to go out and play in the snow (in the OB)!

With regular all seasons on the car, I never broke traction and I have to go up a fairly steep incline up our driveway!

This is the first time driving this, new to us, car on these conditions. I've got a Z71 GMC and it doesn't do any better than this OB!

Now if I can just avoid all the other drivers!

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 05 Outback Limited
856 Posts
Throw a set of snow tires on there and you'll be unstoppable.

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,179 Posts
Yup - lots of fun driving in this morning! **** OB has way too much driving traction, though - takes out all the fun of doing power slide turns! :)

·
Registered
2006 Subaru OUtback XT
88 Posts
Yup - lots of fun driving in this morning! **** OB has way too much driving traction, though - takes out all the fun of doing power slide turns! :)
Yes my OBX does have great traction in snow..... until about 7+ PSI of BOOST. I did some nice POWER DRIFTING Christmas week in the snow. ;)

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT wagon 5MT Limited
320 Posts
What all seasons do you like? I'm in love with Continental Extreme Contact DWS. When they're brand new, they're kind of a buzzkill cause they don't want to let go, but after a few Kmiles, they'll stick when I need them to, break loose when I want them to, and re-stick when I'm done.
Two winters ago we had snow on the streets for longer than usual, and I got it down to where I could leave the driveway, spin my Legacy in a 360 across the cul-de-sac, and stop on a dime at the stop sign. Neighbors never saw, not sure if they would have applauded or called the cops.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited
175 Posts
What all seasons do you like? I'm in love with Continental Extreme Contact DWS. When they're brand new, they're kind of a buzzkill cause they don't want to let go, but after a few Kmiles, they'll stick when I need them to, break loose when I want them to, and re-stick when I'm done.
Two winters ago we had snow on the streets for longer than usual, and I got it down to where I could leave the driveway, spin my Legacy in a 360 across the cul-de-sac, and stop on a dime at the stop sign. Neighbors never saw, not sure if they would have applauded or called the cops.
If you didn't receive a visit from the boys in blue and get a pair those shiny silver bracelets, then assume that they were scoring your spins.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/images/SubaruOutback_2014/smilies/tango_face_grin.png

Sounds like you achieved 10's across the board with the perfect stops!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited
175 Posts
If you didn't receive a visit from the boys in blue and get a pair those shiny silver bracelets, then assume that they were scoring your spins.

:grin2:

Sounds like you achieved 10's across the board with the perfect stops!

Cheers!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
What all seasons do you like? I'm in love with Continental Extreme Contact DWS.
I love them as well. Except i use them as Summers. They are great at low temps and in the wet.

The s*ck in the snow tho. IMPO.

I have Cooper WeatherMaster M+S studded for the 4 months or so that I run them. Noisy. But at 112 points per tire, they not only claw the ice and snow, but they are tough.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/109-gen-3-2005-2009/52002-what-did-you-do-your-3rd-gen-ob-today.html#post5313025

Still holding air like nothing happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts