Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ah yes, the classic comparison of snow capability. The Jeep. I think the biggest thing to remember is that a Jeep will get you stuck, horribly stuck. It has the capability to get you into situations you can't get out of. Also like this one, absurdly funny for the observer.

The above is very easy in a Jeep, especially a JGC with a dumb*ss behind the wheel. And that's the real point. Being stupid that isn't a Jeep thing. More and More Subi owners are the A-Holes, I see behind the wheel.

Pretty soon the "Jeep thing" will be "sharing the love"...if it hasn't already.

(disclaimer....have have owned almost as many Jeeps as I have Subis) 3 Jeeps , 6 6-Star Cars

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yes, the classic comparison of snow capability. The Jeep. I think the biggest thing to remember is that a Jeep will get you stuck, horribly stuck. It has the capability to get you into situations you can't get out of. Also like this one, absurdly funny for the observer.

The above is very easy in a Jeep, especially a JGC with a dumb*ss behind the wheel. And that's the real point. Being stupid that isn't a Jeep thing. More and More Subi owners are the A-Holes, I see behind the wheel.

Pretty soon the "Jeep thing" will be "sharing the love"...if it hasn't already.

(disclaimer....have have owned almost as many Jeeps as I have Subis) 3 Jeeps , 6 6-Star Cars
I meant no ill towards the Jeep. Jeep s a very good brand! It's some of the idiots that drive them, LOL! Same goes for Subaru.
Put an idiot behind the wheel of any 4X4 or AWD vehicle, and they'll get them REALLY STUCK! And they'll also blow up the engine trying to get out of the situation because they don't know how to drive! LOL!

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
I think I have to agree with the both of you.

Having owned and wheeled both. I think you can be smart, or you can be a knucklehead.

:iam:

Whoops? Talk about trying to hit the pipe while driving? Looks like this stoner missed the pipe. I am not sure these folks are moving forward or backwards regarding the recovery vehicle. That vehicle might need to be a Jeep, with a decent driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
A combo of (likely) all-season tires not up to the task and a driver who doesn't seem to know much about driving in snow/getting unstuck. Instead of filming the poor guy, it would have been nice for the guy at the window to go out and give him a push, which is generally considered to be good etiquette in snow country.

And yes, this could just as easily have been a Subaru driver.

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
. Instead of filming the poor guy, it would have been nice for the guy at the window to go out and give him a push, which is generally considered to be good etiquette in snow country.
To be fair, it sounded like a curious Mum. There are several times you hear a fussing child. So, I am not sure how much help she was going to be to the JGC "Angry man"

There were several times...he just need to back up...I suppose she could have shouted that at the guy.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
That guy wasn't in a frame of mind to even be approached to offer help. I wouldn't risk it; even if he could control his personal anger, you risk him running you over or pushing you out into the moving traffic lane.

Garrison Keillor said it best: "For some people, all that having 4-wheel drive means is that you'll be that much further from home when you finally do get it stuck."

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can have the absolute best vehicle in the world for adverse conditions but, if you don't know how to drive it, it can't help you.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Way back in my youth, i had a '69 Falcon "Sport Coup" ( 2-door and bucket seats, but a 200 cube 6-banger and 2-speed auto!), and went damned near everywhere with it. One Thanksgiving weekend, right after a big dump of new snow, I went hunting out on some back woods roads - dirt, and unplowed, and on Pirelli CN36 summer tires.

On a long uphill stretch, I came across a Jeep that was thoroughly stuck, and just passed him like the road was clear.

Never figured out just how he could have possibly gotten stuck in only 6" of new snow!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts