Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Nav/Eyesight 3.6R limited yesterday. Smoothest and easiest car purchase of my life!

They had to go get the car from GA, so it already had 200 miles on it. I've put another 100 on it in the short time I've had it.

Couple of things-

Wish it had automagic wipers.
Wish it had automagic locking doors.
Wish it had auto up/down passenger front window.

Thought I was really going to want the push button start. But after this fiasco that has come out with BMW's since 2006 and people able to clone the key in 3 minutes, I'm glad I don't have that feature.

Otherwise I love, love love it. Had Slacker radio streaming through the stereo from my Thunderbolt. Crazy awesome.

Can I use a standard issue USB cable to my 60GB iPod (photo) and have it work? Or do I need a special cable?

Pictures soon. Rain has to go away.

·
Registered
'13 OB 2.5i Ltd, SAP BBP
80 Posts
A standard iPod cable should work fine with the USB port in the center cubby. Congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A standard iPod cable should work fine with the USB port in the center cubby. Congrats on your purchase!
Thanks!

Now to just get it to the 500 mile marker so I can start playing with cruise. Was told at the dealership to not use cruise until the car hit 500. 200 left to go!

Probably hit that in 2 months. Heh.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
Thanks!

Now to just get it to the 500 mile marker so I can start playing with cruise. Was told at the dealership to not use cruise until the car hit 500. 200 left to go!

Probably hit that in 2 months. Heh.
Actually, you should wait until after 1,000 miles before using the cruse controls. 700 Left to go??.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,608 Posts
Congratulations on the new OB...happy trails...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, you should wait until after 1,000 miles before using the cruse controls. 700 Left to go??.
EEEK! Need cruise! To easy to get a ticket in that thing!

Is there any way to set the MPG average? Or set it so it shows current trip only?

Also, with mine having NAV, will the clock in the dash set itself to GPS? Or do I have to set it manually?

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
352 Posts
Not using cruise for 1000 miles? Sounds crazy. You can vary your speed per break in period and still use cruise.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer can change the MPG display +/- 10%.
No, no. I want it to reset so it displays for each trip. My VW would reset the "clock" after the engine had been off for 2 hours. So I got the average MPG for each trip. Not the lifetime of the car.

·
Registered
2010 3.6R Limited
504 Posts
No, no. I want it to reset so it displays for each trip. My VW would reset the "clock" after the engine had been off for 2 hours. So I got the average MPG for each trip. Not the lifetime of the car.
I assume your car has the Trip A and Trip B, you can let one accumulate and reset the other each time you start off, it's not automatic but it works.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
I assume your car has the Trip A and Trip B, you can let one accumulate and reset the other each time you start off, it's not automatic but it works.
Left trip gauge changes and resets A and B and the right button changes whats displayed for MPG, instant, avg, and miles remaining. I reset A at each fill up and B for oil changes. If I'm traveling I use A to measure the trip.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Left trip gauge changes and resets A and B and the right button changes whats displayed for MPG, instant, avg, and miles remaining. I reset A at each fill up and B for oil changes. If I'm traveling I use A to measure the trip.
I just want to reset the MPG average next to the clock for each trip. But if it isn't automagic, then I won't worry about it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I keep the B trip mileage as the same as the odometer. I only reset A if I have to reset anything. I've never had to use more than A for a trip. I like knowing what my the MPG calculator thinks my MPG is. Most of the time I don't really care anyways though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts