Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I desperately want to get a wilderness green outback, but it is only available with the light interior. I want a premium because I'm not a huge fan of leather interiors. Does anyone regret getting the light interior?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 2.5i Premium
74 Posts
I've had the Ivory cloth interior for nearly 2 years and don't regret it. I treat it with ScotchGard once or twice a year and did purchase a Kurgo back seat cover to carry in my car in case I need it. However, I don't have pets or kids so I really have the best case scenario for keeping them in good shape. One plus in my opinion is that the heated seats seem to feel better than heated leather seats that I have experienced in other cars.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes me happy. I had resigned myself to not being able to get the green. No kids here, either. I do have 2 dogs, but their combined weight is all of 15 pounds.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5L w/ Eyesight & moonroof (Crimson)
70 Posts
I've had my red with ivory interior since lat Sept, and I don't regret it one bit. I hate both leather and grey, so it was the only interior I wanted. :) I have 2 small dogs (about 15-20 lb each) and got a bottom seat cover for the back seat where they ride. No issues so far, and I've been camping once in it, which included spilling dry coffee grounds on one of the seats. No stains, despite all the dust from the grounds.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have only spilled a little bit of water on my seats but it beaded up right away - I assume because of the ScotchGard? A good coating of the front and back seats requires 2 cans but I consider it to be cheap insurance.

Lots of good suggestions on this forum for car seat covers. I got this one since it is easy to put on and take off:

(CHANGE THE DOT to . and add www in front- I can't post links yet)

<kurgoDOTcom/car-seat-covers/bench-seat-cover-heather-pattern/>

It fits fine and the plastic anchors tuck down the back of the seat to prevent it from sliding.the surface might be a little bit slippery for a dog; it's a canvas-type material but you can check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I desperately want to get a wilderness green outback, but it is only available with the light interior. I want a premium because I'm not a huge fan of leather interiors. Does anyone regret getting the light interior?

Did Subaru pre treat the cloth or does it require the owner to use ScotchGard for the protection?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I intentionally did not choose the tan interior - not so much due to the to seats themselves, but all the "touch points" for your arms, elbows, etc are also tan. I found all the used ones I looked at with the tan interior had stains already. if you like it, go for it, but do be ready for some additional cleaning efforts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did Subaru pre treat the cloth or does it require the owner to use ScotchGard for the protection?
Thanks
I'm sure there is some sort of treatment on the seats. Subaru doesn't require that you ScotchGard but I've chosen to do it to keep them in decent shape. After nearly 3-1/2 years, my Ivory cloth seats and overall interior looks as good as new with a little cleaning and once or twice a year ScotchGard application. As mentioned in my post above, I don't have kids or dogs so I have the best case scenario for being able to keep them in decent shape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure there is some sort of treatment on the seats. Subaru doesn't require that you ScotchGard but I've chosen to do it to keep them in decent shape. After nearly 3-1/2 years, my Ivory cloth seats and overall interior looks as good as new with a little cleaning and once or twice a year ScotchGard application. As mentioned in my post above, I don't have kids or dogs so I have the best case scenario for being able to keep them in decent shape.
Thanks so much! I think it sounds like ScotchGard is the answer!

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium
158 Posts
I HATE IT. I wear a lot of black clothes and my seat now looks like my clothes. I am going to have to steam clean it or something. And they get dirty quick. Always go for darker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts