Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Foray into Outbacks and its... missing some of the roof. This oughta be fun!

Hello! I've been into Subies for about 5 years now. Owned a few Imprezas before and now ::drumroll:: got me a '06 Subaru Baja Turbo! I'd post a picture, but since this is my first post, I uhh... can't.

I also have a 2016 WRX STI in Hyper Blue. I jump between driving both but they're both fun in their own way. The Baja is the most recent addition to my Subie Family (wife has a Forester XT) and I just now realized this is my first Legacy-based vehicle I've owned. I'm on a bunch of other Subaru forums for other cars I've had but now it's time for a foray into the lifted world!

Glad to be part of this community now! Got lots to learn about taller Subarus.

·
Registered
On order....2018 Outback touring model White
4 Posts
Would love to own a Baja. Where do you guys find them? When did they stop making them? Have a OB Tourer being made. Supposed to be here next month. Love to have a Baja for running errands etc:
Enjoy your new wheels. I am getting a little impatient waiting on mine.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,165 Posts
Would love to own a Baja. Where do you guys find them? When did they stop making them? Have a OB Tourer being made. Supposed to be here next month. Love to have a Baja for running errands etc:
Enjoy your new wheels. I am getting a little impatient waiting on mine.
bajas, baja turbos, and 2005-2009 H6 subarus usually require a long search, ...and some travel to find a good or great candidate.

(typically traveling to find no rust,)

as those that were in limited production mean limited good ones are available. ...some people buy such things that need work and fix them up.
(like needing some body work / paint/ or a engine).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they aren't easy to come by. I actually wasn't looking for one at the time and had always wanted one but the Subaru Stars aligned and things worked out when one happened to pop up. Had to sell my 1999 Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe to a friend so I could afford the Baja, but I think it'll be worth it. Body is in great shape. Interior needed a lot of cleaning. Undercarriage is a little rusty, but certainly not bad for Nebraska (we use salt in the winter...). Just did some maintenance on it and it's doing better already. I have a build thread started where I'll log all of my updates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts