Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recirculation button in my 2002 Outback is stuck pushed in (ON). Does anyone know of a way to try to unstick it?

Also, do you have to replace the entire HVAC control head, or can you buy just that switch and replace only that switch once you disassemble the control head and have access to it from behind the dash?

L.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Could be dirt and just wedged. You could try a can of compressed air the cold temp could help free it also not just blowing out any crud that might be hanging up the button

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My recirc and AC buttons were sticking in a little, until I used a toothpick, swabs, and shreds of paper towel to clean the goop out from around them. The car had lived with my brother's coffee being spilled and splashed around a few times, and kids' various spatterings too. Once that was cleaned out, they work pretty nicely.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if the buttons are replaceable without buying the whole control head?

I was thinking of trying a little CRC lubricant in the button?

L.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
leeleses
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing