Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just had to break this thread open. I personally had lived in Japan for 2.5 years. I way young back then, 1976-78. But I still have fond memories of going camping up to Lake Tawada and going to the snow festivals up North.
My father was in the Air Force and we were stationed at Misawa AFB. It was a great experience for our family despite the regular tremors/earthquakes. I just wanted to extend a 'hello' to anyone currently over there or maybe any of you who have experienced Japan. Brian

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
Long term Subaru Owner - Current Daily Drive: 2007 Lexus RX350, and E46 BMW 328i
1,142 Posts
Cheers Brian,

I too like Japan and have a number of good friends (both Japanese and Ex-pat Kiwi's) there after dealing and visiting with them in business regularly since 1987 when I was export manager for a local seafood business.... I still dabble a bit in trading, but don't visit there the 3 or 4 times a year that I did when working for a bigger company that could afford the travel.

Incidentally, one of my good friends is named Misawa (family name) - a bit of a coincidence maybe...

GRANT

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 100,000+ miles
4,945 Posts
Yea I'm kinda thinking that we don't have any Japanese members here ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts