Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site quite a few years back when I owned my integra and did a motor swap. I've heard their cars don't meet U.S. cash standards so its kinda hard to register them. Most of these cars are cheap enough to get your parts engine, head lights, tail lights ect and part the rest out. I think shipping is like $900. Who's going first?

Subaru - Japanese used cars exports and Japan car import / Page. 1 [ tradecarview ]

·
Registered
2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon 4EAT; 2005 Forester XS 4EAT
672 Posts
Oh wow! That's pretty sweet!

The biggest problem I can see, most (if not all) are right hand drive. That could be a big problem for registration. If you can get past that, you could get a lot of interest from rural mail delivery drivers.

I knew a woman who LOVED buying right hand drive Subarus for her mail delivery route, and she was pretty heart broken when Subaru stopped selling them here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think right hand drive is the issue more so the crash test standards or emissions. On some of the Honda forums I've heard it's a lot of bs to get some vehicles registered. Some of the guys just did the full fire wall right hand drive conversion.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon 4EAT; 2005 Forester XS 4EAT
672 Posts
The biggest part for any that has a US equivalent is probably emissions. I'd think crash standards (the car's inherent design) would be pretty much the same.

The prices seem good enough to justify any needed modifications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts