Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 3.0R, 2008 Model, Auto; Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 1968 Model, Manual; Dodge Durango 5.7 V8 Crew, 2012 Model, Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How :cool: is this..

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I think you'd tear the bumper off just going down my driveway! Regardless, it's unique.

·
Registered
25 Posts
tastefully lowered wouldn't render it useless. who really wants to blow through tires that fast? the tire manufactures are LOVING this stance trend. even if you went just as low with a different wheel/tire combo and didn't make it all stupid... that would be sweet

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
821 Posts
Crikey! How much negative camber? Kind of Dodge Magnum cum Mazda 6 look. Grabby I am sure, but I bet the ride is a tad harsh with those low pros. Does look stylish.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
So having atrociously bad camber is now cool?
Fix the camber, then we'll start talking.
(They used to call this 'hellaflush', didn't they? I guess when people find a way to mock it like calling it 'hellastupid', you've got to invent a new name. How about dunced?)

·
Registered
ADF lifted BP
665 Posts
So having atrociously bad camber is now cool?
Fix the camber, then we'll start talking.
(They used to call this 'hellaflush', didn't they? I guess when people find a way to mock it like calling it 'hellastupid', you've got to invent a new name. How about dunced?)
HellaFlush or my personal favorite, "Stance".

·
Registered
821 Posts
Stanced? - and +

I get the style and vision in customizing your sled and some of the BMWs I looked at on a stance site do look kind of mean. The Negative Camber Appreciation Thread. - StanceWorks

Performancewise what is this doing outside of pealing inner and outer edges fast? Pardon the pun.

Taken from a stance forum comments are not mine:

I didn't think it was possible for something to look more retarded than this:

But then I saw this:

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
I get the style and vision in customizing your sled and some of the BMWs I looked at on a stance site do look kind of mean. The Negative Camber Appreciation Thread. - StanceWorks

Performancewise what is this doing outside of pealing inner and outer edges fast? Pardon the pun.

Taken from a stance forum comments are not mine:

I didn't think it was possible for something to look more retarded than this:

But then I saw this:

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,477 Posts
Just as much as seeing how high you can lift the car, the same goes with dropping. How many people have lifted Outbacks and suffer irreparable positive camber, go through tires because they drive them and then drop it back down? The ones that keep it high only use them on occasion or modify every necessary part to make it correctable. Its the same with these cars.

A former girl friends kid got into auto diagnostics and repair, paid attention to me, even after I kicked his mom to the curb, and ended up making good money at an extremely busy Toyota dealership in Houston. What did he do? See the pics. He likes it. Its not a daily any more. He's happy. That's what matters. He had finally found something he enjoys and is good at. His job, his car, his money, his hobby.

Dubai Steve, Good job on the custom work. It looks awesome. I hope you get what you want out of it and some recognition if you built it for show.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Driveability?

Just as much as seeing how high you can lift the car, the same goes with dropping. How many people have lifted Outbacks and suffer irreparable positive camber, go through tires because they drive them and then drop it back down? The ones that keep it high only use them on occasion or modify every necessary part to make it correctable. Its the same with these cars.

A former girl friends kid got into auto diagnostics and repair, paid attention to me, even after I kicked his mom to the curb, and ended up making good money at an extremely busy Toyota dealership in Houston. What did he do? See the pics. He likes it. Its not a daily any more. He's happy. That's what matters. He had finally found something he enjoys and is good at. His job, his car, his money, his hobby.

Dubai Steve, Good job on the custom work. It looks awesome. I hope you get what you want out of it and some recognition if you built it for show.

Looks nice on both the OP and the Ex's kid's ride. How does it effect the driveability? Does metal on the inside rims grind on the pavement?

Having never been in a car set up like this, I am trying to get my head around how such radical neg camber would effect driving in a car like the RWD Z.

Never seen this extreme camber before and I live and work in the land of the lowrider and the cruising club. I have seen small tires on spoked rims where the rim sticks outside the rubber but the camber is neutral on a co-worker's 54' bel air.

I guess it follows in the same line of thought as pumps and dumps, but on high performance (z) and/or luxury rides what is the handling doing with the stance? Grabby on the corners, slippy on the accel?

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
How would all this effect the handling?
What handling?

Exaggeration to the absurd to try to look 'cool' to me equates to stupid.
Also, this:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts