Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an outback forum but I just wanted to see if anyone knew about what kind of wheel spacers I can put on the legacy.
I am struggling with a couple of products that are from Japan and I wanted to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I also wanted to know if is safe to install 11mm or can I go bigger?

No 1:

No: 2

·
Registered
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
692 Posts
Depends on your definition of "safe" and what wheel you're using. A wheel spacer basically reduces the offset of your wheel.

A wheel spacer is not inherently unsafe, if used correctly. I use wheel spacers on my Toyota Celica to correct the high offset Subaru wheels that I use on it, and have been for about 100k miles with zero issues.

Subaru wheels are very high offset, so I'm guessing you're not using a higher offset wheel and correcting it. By reducing the offset, you're increasing the strain on bearings, bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, and steering rack.

There are several different kinds of spacers. Extremely generic ones like this that have many slotted holes to fit a myriad of different bolt patterns:

Nice single-drilled hub-centric ones like this (one bolt pattern, and the flange in the center to center the wheel just like it would on the hub):

Or larger ones that bolt to the hub with their own nuts, and then have their own studs mounted in the spacer:

I would avoid the first kind like the plague.

Anything about 10mm or over, I would recommend replacing the stock studs with longer ones (my H&R Track+ 15mm ones for my Celica came with new studs). And at about 25mm, switching to the 3rd style that have their own studs.

your 2002 is 5x100mm bolt pattern (PCD refers to the bolt circle, so the 2nd option you have listed is for 5x114.3, first looks to fit either).

They use 12mmx1.25 lug nuts, and have a 56.1mm bore.

·
Registered
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
692 Posts
Not really, looks to be a generic listing (5hole comes with 10 nuts, 4 hole with 8, 3 different styles of nuts depending on the thickness of the spacer).

Are you dead set on this brand? There are lots available that list the information in English.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only reason I am looking at this brand is I have heard good things in Japan about the quality. I am a foreigner in Japan and I dont know of a cost effective way to import a good one from the US. Please tell me if you have any ideas because I am open to anything that is safe and wont crack on highway speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts