Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my JDM grille installed for about 8 months never had a problem with heat or airflow problem as they had identical cut outs from the stock grille. However took my car in to get an oil change and inspection and they said there is some blockage from it.
Any thoughts on the matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Carbide Grey 2.5 Limited Outback with Eyesight. Add-on: Geolandar GO15's on 17" WRX rims, Ecohitch
300 Posts
Can't imagine cooling the radiator would be an issue because of the more open design of the JDM grille.

But looking at where the air "intake" is...it's high up on near where the top of the grille is. The slats on the OEM grille all sweep upward and would more or less direct airflow in that direction. Not sure if the JDM grille optimizes the airflow in that direction, or that it really matters.

·
Registered
Silveru: 2015 Ice Silver Limited w/Tech, 3.6
98 Posts
Since it's JDM, I don't see how it could cause a problem as it would be on all Japanese versions of the car...unless the air intake on Japanese versions is in a different place. Seems unlikely but I guess it's possible.

I have had my JDM grille installed for about 8 months never had a problem with heat or airflow problem as they had identical cut outs from the stock grille. However took my car in to get an oil change and inspection and they said there is some blockage from it.
Any thoughts on the matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts