Subaru Outback Forums banner

JDM (or JDM style) Parts/Mods For My GEN-3

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Spoolin06XT 
#1 ·
Hiya everyone, hope today is treating you well.
As I prepare for Subiefest this year in FL, I have a laundry list of things I need to do to m Subie. Some are big things, like a set of coil overs and nice wheels to match, while some are small things like finding the right headlight assembly to install. I am starting this thread to ask yall if you have ay suggestions for stuff like this and where to find it. Im trying to lower it, give it a jdm look and feel, and make it sound a little better without being a "2 am civic". I know that Godspeed Project makes good coilovers for a pretty good price, so thats where Im leaning. I am,, however, having trouble finding a site that carries small jdm parts like grilles, headlights, things like that, JSPEC Auto has awesome stuff, but mostly STI parts for WRX, Forester, etc. If you guys know anyone whos acheived a similar look with theirs, or have any info on where to source these things online, I'd appreciate it. I should be checking this thread close to daily for a while so if you'd like any more info on what Im looking for, feel free to look.
Thank you guys!
PS, as the name says, the ob in question is my 2007 gen three 2.5 litre naturally aspirated. Ive loved it as a daily driver with no real serious mods, but again, with subiefest around the corner and me being confident that I will never get rid of this car (call it sentimental), Im more than ready to make it my show car... or as close to a show car as I can get with a gen three outback basic LOL.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd cruise around jauce.com and search for "BP legacy". The JDM world got plenty of cool stuff we didn't.

While it's essentially a 3rd party auction site, it can help you find places/things that are otherwise not easy to find.

#6 ·
So I just replied to you guys, but very shortly after went and checked around with your suggestions... Happy to say that I found some super cool goodies, including some spec b control arms that can replace my stock 2007 control arms that have seen some abuse lol. Thanks again guys, this is why I joined this site... lots of people who love the boxer rumble who can give me info on things I dont know, and with whom I can share my limited knowledge too. Cheers you guys!

#7 ·
No worries! Be sure to look around on our ebay too for Spec B stuff. Every now and then, the rear control arm setup can be had for $350 or so, plus we got OE replacements for the front via aftermarket companies (like Mevotech).

#11 ·
As I prepare for Subiefest this year in FL, I have a laundry list of things I need to do to m Subie. Some are big things, like a set of coil overs and nice wheels to match, while some are small things like finding the right headlight assembly to install. I am starting this thread to ask yall if you have ay suggestions for stuff like this and where to find it. Im trying to lower it, give it a jdm look and feel, and make it sound a little better without being a "2 am civic". I know that Godspeed Project makes good coilovers for a pretty good price, so thats where Im leaning. I am,, however, having trouble finding a site that carries small jdm parts like grilles, headlights, things like that, JSPEC Auto has awesome stuff, but mostly STI parts for WRX, Forester, etc. If you guys know anyone whos acheived a similar look with theirs, or have any info on where to source these things online, I'd appreciate it. I should be checking this thread close to daily for a while so if you'd like any more info on what Im looking for, feel free to look.
Thank you guys!
PS, as the name says, the ob in question is my 2007 gen three 2.5 litre naturally aspirated. Ive loved it as a daily driver with no real serious mods, but again, with subiefest around the corner and me being confident that I will never get rid of this car (call it sentimental), Im more than ready to make it my show car... or as close to a show car as I can get with a gen three outback basic LOL.
I have a set of BC I purchased for $1050.00
Use for 2 months if your interested make me an offer you’ll never find them any newer

#12 ·
Thank you guys!
Thank you guys!

Attachments

#13 ·
Thank you guys!
Sorry about the extra pics with carpet shaking fingers 😀

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.