Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of post on the net about this, but I have not found what I am looking for and thought I would check this.

So the the 08 had an accident, and needed some front driver side damage and apparently hard to find in my area, that being said I found a complete front clip ( hood, bumper, core support, fenders, headlights,) but it was a JDM front and of course nothing is the same.

since I have the wiring harness across the Core support for the headlights and turn signals my question is if I put the JDM harness on my Usdm car can I mate the cars harness to the JDM harness on the core support

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,553 Posts
It probably depends on the year of the JDM. Finding a "facelift" JDM might not be easy; those cars are still worth some money to the rest of the world.

IIRC, JDM (and everyone else) got the facelift (revised hood, headlights, bumper, fenders) for MY07. The facelifts also got a slightly modified front harness as the DRL setup changed.

I'm not 100% sure, but the plugs are probably the same. You might have to do some re-pinning or lose the DRL feature (if it has the different design), but the harness itself would probably work.

I'd suggest looking at legacygt.com as well. Chances are someone has done an LGT JDM front clip swap.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,194 Posts
have to tear the JDM headlights apart to focus them as USDM. (right hand vs. left hand drive)

people do it though typical write ups are about the bigger housing 2000-2004 US spec and getting JDM projectors,
...easy way out would be to grab a pair of aftermarket US spec headlights as the JDMs maybe too tight for US 2005-2009 to bother with.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have to tear the JDM headlights apart to focus them as USDM. (right hand vs. left hand drive)

people do it though typical write ups are about the bigger housing 2000-2004 US spec and getting JDM projectors,
...easy way out would be to grab a pair of aftermarket US spec headlights as the JDMs maybe too tight for US 2005-2009 to bother with.
but will the aftermarket headlights fit the JDM fenders

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,194 Posts
but will the aftermarket headlights fit the JDM fenders

someone on LGT.com might have described that or stated if they had to custom make mounts.

I don't remember seeing anyone on here doing a whole front clip swap. (usually just hoods and grills).. maybe a google image search would find more out on the rest of the internet.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,194 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The usdm outback for 08-09 has a unique hood that causes problems. Included if you decide to do the whole front end to a JDM facelift YES you will need hood, fenders, bumper, support, and new lights.
It'll look nice, it's just the hardest thing to acquire would be the correct fender. You CAN use any 05-07 usdm hood however to make the conversion easier. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The usdm outback for 08-09 has a unique hood that causes problems. Included if you decide to do the whole front end to a JDM facelift YES you will need hood, fenders, bumper, support, and new lights.
It'll look nice, it's just the hardest thing to acquire would be the correct fender. You CAN use any 05-07 usdm hood however to make the conversion easier. Hope that helps.
well the hole front is finished, the biggest pain is the wiring but I think I got it, just have to do some soldering tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts