Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited 50th Anniversary
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for the past 2 months I have been in search of a new vehicle to replace my 2006 Corolla XRS that I've had for 11 years and put on 200k miles. Eventually planning on moving back west to CO or ID, I had been looking at the Tacoma (Toyota fanboy) or Wrangler (cool factor). I decided to drive the Outback, just to check it out and originally not really thinking I'd be interested. Well, maybe it was because of the two very poor salesmen (one guy pawned me off and the other didn't even let me test drive) or maybe I just wasn't into it enough but I was just kind of like, "meh" on this thing. I drove the 4cyl and 6cyl and the 6 definitely had noticeable performance gain. I pushed it aside in my mind and decided I'd keep pursuing the truck or Jeep.

Went up to visit my future fiance and we were out doing one last test drive and I said, "let's just go look at the Outback and we can see what you think about it." Boy am I glad we did! The big smile on her face compared to when we were driving the other two vehicles was awesome. She really loved it and at the end she said, "I really love this car, way more than the truck or the Jeep." I was sold. I too thought it was pretty nice but that's not really where my love ended for my soon to be new vehicle. We had an offer accepted (a pretty good deal too (last day of the month) I think so it was meant to be) and we went in to pick it up. I've had it for 2 weeks now and I've got 1300 miles on it and I love it more and more each day! Even with the 3.6 it's no Ferrari but it's got the power to make me feel really comfortable driving through mountains all loaded up. It's pretty comfortable and we have tons or room in the back with putting the seats down to throw the dog and any other gear we might want along on our adventure! It really feels like our adventure mobile and I'm pretty excited about it!

Anyway, just saying "hi" and here to browse and get some input on WHERE THE HECK CAN WE GO ON AN ADVENTURE?! Her parents house has a large gravel area where cars drive and some potholes with muddy water so I keep driving in those to get dirty. :grin2: I live in Fitchburg Wisconsin (Southernish Wisconsin) and I'd love to go on some weekend adventures. If you're reading this and you know of any great Subaru roads around my areaish (within 100 miles or so even) that also might have some nice hidden secret camping spots, please do let me know!! Feel free to PM me if you don't want to make them too public. Looking forward to 200k miles of adventure!!!

Mike

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,134 Posts
Welcome! Please fill out your profile, it helps both of us to know what you are driving.

Yes, we are like family here. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. But family nonetheless.
@eagleeye lives in your parts, he might be able to tell you of some adventure spots. Me, I'm on the left coast in Subaruville, USA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts