Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Outback of the Month Challenge!

July Outback of the Month - Vacation Pics

• koncluded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • outback_dave

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • EgregiousBlunder

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • kuino7

• volcanogirl73

• Mikenh

• Marius Stanescu

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • faustarpradio

• patrikman

• Troytdesigns

• johnnyarma

• OB Love-Hate

• Jeffnmar

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Markal

• kuino7

• PaddyWhack

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The July Outback of the Month contest is live. Please read carefully below, as voting especially, has changed.

We have a theme for this month: Vacation! Show off your Outback while on vacation. Parked in your driveway doesn't count ;)
  • You no longer vote via LIKES. The last week of each month going forward, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote. This is a more traditional way of running things and based on feedback, will be a welcome change.
  • You must own the submitted ride.
  • You can enter 3-5 pics of your ride. I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your ride. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your ride's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to our June Outback of the Month winner, @Dave Hansford!

-Mike

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx XT
16 Posts
Bought this Subaru Onxy XT end of May at 6miles on the clock as I am moving out of NYC and need a car again. One of the reasons I chose it it is due to a memory of one of middle school teachers who had an outback that put in MILES on it and how much he loved the car (I think 650k/700k miles before he got a newer one). I'm looking to fully embrace the outdoors out west and this will help bridge that gap a bit.

Anyways I banged out 6K miles as I'm writing this from the road trip up from; CO -> TX -> NM -> AZ -> CA -> OR -> WA. Going to head out again back to CO at the end of the month.

Got a bunch of rando knick-knack mods from inspo in the Gen6 threads. Will likely do much more once I settle back in Colorado.

White car at White Sands

Tint helps with the heat!

·
Registered
2004 Outback 2.5 4 cylinder 4EAT125
35 Posts

I got this 04 back in 2015, so it was already about 10 years old at that point. We were new to Subaru as we just bought a new Impreza right before this one. My wife thought I was nuts because we traded in a 10 year old Malibu to buy the Impreza. I wasn't sure what it was capabile of for another few years.

Its had its issues in the past. The harmonic balancer blew up while driving once. The fuel gauge is on the fritz. I one day saw some oil leaking out of the engine and thought, oh man the head gaskets. I took it to a shop and it turned out the cam cover bolt was not fastened in the engine. It needed to be pulled so a new hole could be bored which was a $2000+ procedure as I decided that the alternative was to buy a new car.

Since then I've added a 7 pin trailer wiring, got a popup trailer, added an Android auto system replaced all the speakers a transmission cooler and is now the family camping/adventure car.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,969 Posts
Here is my 98 5 speed CRV with 300k+ miles on it.
yuck. yuck, yuck. yuck.

get some AAA on yourself,

enter it in a lemons race and hope they crush it before you start.

and get a rental car to come home.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Outback
404 Posts

About 11K feet up, crawling out of a secluded fishing spot in the back country. Yes, it's July, and the streaks you see in the photo is snow.

Current mods:
Xpel XR+ tint - 70% over front windshield with low 5% brow, 15% on driver and passenger side, 5% over everything else. We metered the back glass at just 2% total.
ExoShield over front glass.
Sparco Terra 17's wrapped in Falken Wildpeaks
Interior lights upgraded to Diode Dynamic LED's
Cobb Pitch Stop Mount
ADF CKE CVT anti-wobble insert

·
Administrator
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited, 2016 Outback Limited 3.6, 2009 Outback
6 Posts

This is my 2006 Outback (my first Subaru), Feb 2013, Alta Utah. Went to pick it up from my daughter for our first retirement ski bum year. Never let your child con you into using your Outback when they go on a ski bum vacation because it has AWD and their Fiesta doesn't. A bit of digging and it was mine again! A few years later it was her's and the Fiesta was mine, she replaced it with a 2020 Outback.

- mikenh
Current stable: 2009 Base, 2016 3.6 Limited, 2019 Limited 2.5

·
Super Moderator
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
2,491 Posts
Apparently I can't proofread to save my life. Was working on a CRV site and it was still on my mind. I have correct the first post :LOL:

-Mike
Mike I am now disappointed as I was about to upload a picture of my 2016 CRV in the red dirt of central Australia during my trip in 2020.

Seagrass

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,969 Posts
Mike I am now disappointed as I was about to upload a picture of my 2016 CRV in the red dirt of central Australia during my trip in 2020.

Seagrass
well ... no one is stopping you. (know one ?)
here is a ugly one for you to off set with your 2016

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
(...) Călătorie scurtă weekendul trecut ... Trebuie să plec în vacanță după două săptămâni ... Trebuie să călătoresc în sudul Norvegiei 🇳🇴
(...)Greetings from Norway 🇳🇴

(...)

My short fishing trip from June... I was up in the mountains for fishing trouts. I apologize if I uploaded too many images! Greetings from Norway!:)

·
Administrator
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Seagrass
Create a thread for your trip. I would love to read and look at pics. For reals.

-Mike

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,637 Posts
How about a family picture? Taken last week up in the north woods of Wisconsin. My wife’s ‘09 3.0R, my ‘04 Baja Turbo, sister-in-law’s ‘17 Forester, and mother-in-law’s ‘19 Touring

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium
72 Posts
I was on a short 100mile trip exploring new beaches and just when I found a remote area with no people in sight, I parked the Outback, took my camera and decided to take a photo. At this very moment a guy on a horse arrived hastingly and had to stop the horse abruptly. Apparently, he didn't expect a car here! In the next 2 seconds a herd of horses arrived with the guide dog barking at me. Then they were gone as quickly as they appeared!
I then took the photos I wanted.

One thing to add. I love my Outback. The 2.5i although it sounds anemic on paper, it works well and it makes the Outback light. Due to the light weight, 1,600Kg makes riding on sand a real joy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
20210717_162216[1].jpg
20210717_135444[1].jpg

Great to be able to drive right to the beach on those narrow rough roads a feat my Toyota Tundra could not accomplish (to wide to heavy). Pictures were taken at Flat Bay on the West Coast of Newfoundland we named it the SPA very relaxing paddle with the warmest water I have ever encountered in Atlantic Canada, water depth is 3-4 ft for kilometers

1 - 20 of 37 Posts