Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!

July Outback of the Month - Vacation Pics

• koncluded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • outback_dave

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • EgregiousBlunder

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • kuino7

• volcanogirl73

• Mikenh

• Marius Stanescu

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • faustarpradio

• patrikman

• Troytdesigns

• johnnyarma

• OB Love-Hate

• Jeffnmar

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Markal

• kuino7

• PaddyWhack

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Twilight Blue 2015 3.6R with Eyesight
5,023 Posts
View attachment 515975

I got this 04 back in 2015, so it was already about 10 years old at that point. We were new to Subaru as we just bought a new Impreza right before this one. My wife thought I was nuts because we traded in a 10 year old Malibu to buy the Impreza. I wasn't sure what it was capabile of for another few years.

Its had its issues in the past. The harmonic balancer blew up while driving once. The fuel gauge is on the fritz. I one day saw some oil leaking out of the engine and thought, oh man the head gaskets. I took it to a shop and it turned out the cam cover bolt was not fastened in the engine. It needed to be pulled so a new hole could be bored which was a $2000+ procedure as I decided that the alternative was to buy a new car.

Since then I've added a 7 pin trailer wiring, got a popup trailer, added an Android auto system replaced all the speakers a transmission cooler and is now the family camping/adventure car.
View attachment 515979

View attachment 515980
You win! LOL!
Awesome shots!

Reactions: kuino7

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone know if the POLL has been started?

AWESOME shots by everyone , I really enjoyed reviewing some different shots from different perspectives, well done everyone!

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 3.6r with CVT
134 Posts
Almost the end of the month, where's the poll?

Reactions: Jeffnmar

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
NO MORE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE TAKEN. THE JULY POLL IS NOW LIVE AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD AND WILL AUTO CLOSE 7/31 at 7:20pm.

Tapatalk users will need to log into the site via computer or phone to cast their vote.

(Sorry for the delay, yesterday was crazy busy for me)

-Mike

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Get those votes in. The poll closes tomorrow night.

Just a FYI, I'm not typically on on weekends, so the winner will be officially announced on Monday but you all will at least be able to check the poll and know ahead of time :)

-Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn’t have much time with my Outback in July. I’ve only had it for about 10 days and I am brand new to the group. I know voting closed and I don’t care. I wanted to share anyways. I traded in a ‘16 VW GTI SE manual for this beaut of a ‘22 Onyx XT. The Outback had always been on my shortlist. Trying to break in and hit that 1,000 mile mark my family headed South from the St. Petersburg, FL area hitting some backroads and a bit of highways down to Matlacha, FL. It’s a tiny island art community not too far from Sanibel. Lunch with friends from Naples on the water and exploring nearby Pine Island. I don’t miss the VW.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,052 Posts
we should be able to negative vote.
...) Călătorie scurtă weekendul trecut ... Trebuie să plec în vacanță după două săptămâni ... Trebuie să călătoresc în sudul Norvegiei 🇳🇴
(...)Greetings from Norway 🇳🇴 (...)

My short fishing trip from June... I was up in the mountains for fishing trouts. I apologize if I uploaded too many images! Greetings from Norway!:)
Well, those are some great pics for a first post. :geek:

What year is that? 2.5 or 3.0 ?

Reactions: Duncan Heinz

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Congrats to @Marius Stanescu, you are our July Outback of the month! Amazing pics. Enjoy your one year of premium membership.

Stay tuned for the August submission thread later this week.

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,076 Posts
And ...... Gen 3 wins once again! This makes it three Gen 3s, one Gen 2.

Seems as we're missing something here .... can't quite place it .... wait a minute .... oh yeah, let's get some Gen 1 entries for August!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,599 Posts

Reactions: johnre
21 - 37 of 37 Posts