Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around and could not find a post.

During highway speeds and cruising, (55-70) Once and a while I can feel a jump or jolt, it feels like a transmission slip. Though I'm not sure if it's one of the differentials. It's enough to let you feel it, but not enough to shake the entire car. I haven't noticed it with a shift, however by the time you look at the RPM the event is already over.

2011 Outback CVT, 90k miles. I have not done a CVT flush, thinking that might be my issue. Although when I bought the car at 54k, it had irregular tires, not sure how long they were mounted, which makes me think could be a differential issue.

Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 2005 OBXT
231 Posts
Deff could have some diff. damage then depending on how long the car was run like that. I went to look at a used car and it had that same tire situation going on. Price was a good price and all even if the diff was shot but I just told the guy no thanks without even test driving it. He asked why and I explained why to him and how he would have a hard time selling it to someone that was knowledgeable unless he replaced the other two tires as well with the same as the fronts.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,706 Posts
any jerking/bucking/grabbing or unusual noises when maneivering in tight turn or circles in parking lots? try tight circles on dry pavement.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,682 Posts
When I saw the title jump at highway speed I thought you had figured out a way to make the jump to light speed :jump:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts