Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2017 Honda CRV Touring, 1991 Subaru Legacy L 4x4 Wagon
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My first Subaru was the same generation Legacy Wagon. It was pretty dang nice! Got annoyed with changing the wheel bearings again and again, so I let it go. Even so, I swear that thing had just as much power as my current 3rd Gen Outback, despite this one supposedly having 40 more HP. I really liked that old car (not that my current outback is new by any means).

Good to see another Utahn here. I'll have to go up Little Cottonwood myself to do some donuts as well.
I've owned something like 10 Subaru's since 1989. This one seems to have about the same power as all of my 4 cylinder Subaru's(93 Legacy, 98 Legacy, 00 Forester, 97 Outback). It climbs up LCC with zero issues. I still have been driving it about 2x as much as my Mazda CX-9. The 30 year seats are more comfortable and I can pretty much drive it all out and still not break the speed limit.
None of my business really, but may I ask how much you paid for that beauty?
I paid too much, 4 grand but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a first gen Legacy this nice. I was going to give it to my son when he get his license but I’ll go ahead and buy him something else. I’m kinda attached to it now.

·
Registered
08 Outback, 2.5 engine. 2018 Forester Premium
53 Posts
Nice find on the 91 wagon!! Enjoy the heck out of it. Those 2.2 engines were great.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts