Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 with 230,000 miles...needs an engine...so...

Good places to buy engines in the DFW area?

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,289 Posts
Look up LKQ Auto Parts. Its a network of salvage yards all over the country. They also sell remanufactured long blocks with anywhere between 3/100k to 3/unlimited. I've bought and installed 12 of these engines in the last year and they have performed very well and the customers are happy. Especially with the unlimited mileage warranty. There is a national depot there in the DFW area. I have 1-830-303-5036 for the number to the one in Sequin, Tx. but they can give you the number for your local yard.

Also, Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market search anywhere in the country for whatever you want. Any yard on the system shows their inventory, cost, address, phone and a lot of times, live chat.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
You can generally buy a whole car from Copart for what Keystone/LKQ/car-part.com wants for an engine.

That is, of course, assuming Texas will let john Q public buy salvage vehicles at auction. If not you'll have to go through a broker ($$$) or buddy up to a dealer.

Either way not sure you'd want to have a crashed car in your driveway but that's the route I choose, but I'm back in the woods so no neighbors to fuss. Keep an eye on CL for a wrecked one, they come up every once in a while. More often than not they're needing headgaskets. I wouldn't trust a scrapyard 2.5 anyway. . .go ahead and do the headgaskets and timing belt while it's out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hummm....

Look up LKQ Auto Parts. Its a network of salvage yards all over the country. They also sell remanufactured long blocks with anywhere between 3/100k to 3/unlimited. I've bought and installed 12 of these engines in the last year and they have performed very well and the customers are happy. Especially with the unlimited mileage warranty. There is a national depot there in the DFW area. I have 1-830-303-5036 for the number to the one in Sequin, Tx. but they can give you the number for your local yard.

Also, Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market search anywhere in the country for whatever you want. Any yard on the system shows their inventory, cost, address, phone and a lot of times, live chat.

Two phone calls to LKQ has gotten..."We don't have Subaru reman engines"...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts