Subaru Outback Forums banner

My car had the Shaker TSB done and the results are...

• TSB done and the shaking is completely gone 100% satisfied

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • TSB done and the shaking is reduced not completely satisfied

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • TSB done and the shaking is the same or worse

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • TSB done and a new problem is manifesting

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
201 - 204 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i
21 Posts
I only notice it at high speeds as well. Though I wouldn't call the feedback/shake in the steering wheel excessive, i did notice the hood vibrating more on the passenger side than on drivers. I replaced both my front shocks last weekend and I did notice a visual decrease in the vibrating of the hood. However, the entire shake is not gone. I plan on replacing the rears shortly and hopefully that will solve the majority of the issue.

Even if the shocks aren't the problem, for the miles I have on my rig its time to swap them out.

It does also shake under intermediate braking force. If I crank down hard on the brakes the shake smooths out. I know my rear rotors are do for a change too but i can confidently say that my brakes aren't contributing to the driving shake.

FYI
I have a 2011 2.5 Outback with 160k miles.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 3.6r
96 Posts
Just had some new tires installed. The previous owner had replaced the tires and I took them in to get rebalanced since I thought maybe that was part of the issue as low speed I could feel the car swaying side to side. Sure enough the mechanic said a belt had shifted in one of the tires. I bought new continental true contact tires and I love them, but still at 90km/h + the shake is still there.

The weird thing is the shake will come and go. If I have a grocery bag or cup of water in the front I can see the vibration in plain sight.

Between 100 and 120 km/h the vibration will come and go depending on throttle applied and if I'm going on an incline or descent.

I'm way out of warranty at this period. Has anyone had the dealer work on the TSB out of warranty or is it all out of pocket now?

201 - 204 of 204 Posts