Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To summarize it is almost rubbing sound but more mechanical coming from the back end which is dependent on speed rather than gear, RPM, etc. Also I do get some wheel wobble but it is over 60ish and comes and goes. It does not seem to affect drive ability.

I have heard it is either a wheel bearing or a tire space issue. The tires are new and seem to have more than enough clearance with no sign of rubbing. My mechanic already changed the back right wheel bearing but it is still the same. I am almost sure it has to be a bearing but the first job already set me back about $250, does that sound like a decent price? and is it safe to drive on them?

On a side note it sounds like the belts sqeek a little randomly when it is warming up or it is wet out. The serpentine and the tensioners are also new, should I be worried about it?

·
Registered
2005 3.0R VDC Limited Wagon
172 Posts
i've had both of my WBs replaced. one time i had it repaired at an ind. shop, then later found out subaru covered that repair under some extended deal. they sent me a check for the amount. sometime later, the other one went, and i took it to the subaru dealer for a free repair.

maybe yours is eligible too?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts