Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5 LTD with Nav & Sunroof Pkg's
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my 2013 OB 2.5 Limited with Nav & Sunroof Pkg's. I got silver on black. I picked up the car on Sat morning and absolutely love it. I traded in a Touareg and I thought I'd miss the power but the Subaru has surprised me and I really love it. I've only driven 83 miles now and my average fuel consumption is 27.6Mpg. I'm really impressed.

The not so good, as I walked up to my car on Sat I noticed a pencil size ding on the right front fender. There is no paint damage just a small ding in the fender/body. The sales manager said when they pulled off the protective wrap it was underneath it. I was NOT happy at all. I got them to put in writing it would be repaired perfectly to MY satisfaction. He is going to call me on Monday to let me know when they can rapair it that also suits me. I think they'll get one of those dent removal guys out as I said, no paint damage.

Apart from that love the car as do my two Greyhounds who spent five minutes smelling around the cargo area when I put them in :D I have yet to go through the whole owners manual and Nav manual.

This afternoon I completly debadged the rear of the OB. I think it looks so much cleaner. I'll snap some pics tomorrow and post. Looking forward to many years with my OB and this great forum. :29:

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new OB....enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Did my first commute to work today, 46 miles and its 90% highway. I was doing 75Mph most of the commute and averaged 30.2 Mpg which I'm very happy with considering it only has 115 miles on it.

One thing I noticed when doing 80Mph a few times the steering becomes vague and it requires constant input to keep it going straight. Almost like it wants to wonder from a straight track. Anyone else notice this issue?

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,103 Posts
It's a relatively high profile vehicle. Higher speed requires a lighter breeze to disrupt your intended direction.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a relatively high profile vehicle. Higher speed requires a lighter breeze to disrupt your intended direction.
Ahhh, thanks for that input. It makes total sense. I was checking tire pressure yesterday and noticed that they tires are 65's which is very high profile. I might drop that a little on next set of tires.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
571 Posts
I have noticed the steering thing. I found it doing this the other day. Im used to driving with my finger on the hwy so better not do that anymore. The 2010 - 2012 had been critically received by motorweek as well as others for hazzard response driving (if you had to negotiate an obstacle at high speed), so maybe they made the suspension a little quicker to respond at a slight touch of the wheel. I do notice that it is really responsive and this may be what we are feeling on the road.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Don't over look an alignment. They are almost never right off the truck.

·
Registered
2016 Tungsten Outback 3.6R w/Eyesight. My 6th Subaru.
332 Posts
Congratulations on your new Outback and my compliments on your choice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pics I just snapped with my HTC phone.

Note Debadged back end.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How'd you do that?
Use a hair dryer to heat up each letter on the hatch lid. Don't heat it too much or you can damage your paint. Maybe 30 seconds each letter. Then I use dental floss to pry the letter off. Some glue will remain behind. Try get as much off by hand as possible. Then once all letters have been removed use cleaner wax which is a little abrasive, and go over the area where the glue residue is left. Apply a good amount with a soft cotton cloth. After going over it several times it makes removing the remaining glue fairly easy.

It took me about an hour to remove everything off the rear hatch. Good luck :29:

·
Registered
'13 BBP SAP 2.5
90 Posts
Congrats on new car, welcome to the club! I personally am not a fan of the debadge look, especially on an outback. But, it is all about making *you* like *your* car, so good job!

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,103 Posts
Congrats on new car, welcome to the club! I personally am not a fan of the debadge look, especially on an outback. But, it is all about making *you* like *your* car, so good job!
Agree, that space between the lights and bottom of the tailgate looks absolutely MASSIVE without the badges...

Some vehicles look good debadged. I bought a pickup in '03 (I think) that was already done and it looked good, my last vehicle only had one badge on the outside (I left it, it wasn't terrible, bottom left of the trunk lid). The OB ones are staying, despite them being a PITA to wash/dry/wax around (they may go if I get pissed off enough about that).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts