Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited Eyesight
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 3.6 Limited with Eyesight, remote start and rear enter for kids. Works great. Only Issue I noticed was fuel door when opened has impacted and caused a small chip out of the pain as if it is out of alignment- Mentioned it to dealer and other thread notes this on someone elses car. Ill drag it into Subaru in near future to address.

First impressions: amazing ride. Eyesight very responsive esp lane wandering. Bright sun directly in front of you will cause eyesight to shut off(if you are blinded by it, so is the eyesight system)

Nav sound level is very loud- I tried it at lowest setting and it still was quite loud

Cant input address into nav system while driving- Dont know when/if someone is working on the mod to see if it is similar to the prior radios...

Thankfully I am tech savy, b/c I think it is going to take my wife 3 yrs to figure out how to modify settings on the car...

Thanks to all who post here including but not limited to G-Omaha, Joe Spitz.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
You have almost the same Outback as we ordered 21 July and I have no idea when it might arrive neither does SOA or the dealer. I am guessing mid September.
Looking forward to driving something smaller than my CrewCab Ford SuperDuty Diesel so this will be a nice change.
Love to hear some updates on fuel mileage once you drive it some...

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,861 Posts
Congrats on the new ride...welcome to the forumm

·
Registered
'13 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight ::::: '02 2.5Ltd AT
95 Posts
Factory volume on the nav is insanely loud--everyone in the car will sh** themselves the first time she barks out directions--but it has independent settings. The phone is almost as loud and it too has it's own volume control. Use the menus (not the stereo volume) to find your happy place.

Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium 6mt
187 Posts
didn't know that on the nav, that really sucks.
That is common on all the nav systems now including portable units like TomTom's and Garmin's. My coworker bought TomTom recently and it doesn't let him program anything on the move. I doubt there will be a "fix" unless someone figures out how to hack the programming.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My experience with the nav in the 2013 isn't quite as restrictive as it looks above. For starters, I seem to get one shot at the ad hoc request. In other words, I can punch in any address but if I try to edit (say, change the street name) the input I get locked out. Actually stopping, at a stoplight for instance, gives me another chance if I flubbed the first.

Moreover, I've been able to re-route on the fly as often as I like provided I'm using existing destination points. If I originally route to home (one of my saved destinations) and then decide to go to one of my other presets, it doesn't seem to mind.

Also, mid-flight reroutes are supported for nearby indexed destinations. Let's say I'm motoring down a foreign highway and I decide to fuel up. I ask the system to show me gas stations in the area. It returns a few options, I make my choice and it routes. If I change my mind and decide to stop at a hotel for the night, I get my choices, make my pick and it routes.

I happened to make a trip to Chicago a few days after I brought the 2013 home. On my return trip, just outside Lafayette, I asked the nav to find Subaru. She took me straight to the front doors of the plant where she was born, no need to stop.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
1 Posts
Just picked up my 2013 yesterday. It's beautiful. I got the 3.6R Limited in brilliant Brown Pearl, the appearance package and just about everything else but the eyesight. So far so good. I've Been playing with the controls and nav system since I got it and I think I,ve got it down. I'm on the high side of computer savvy so it wasn't to difficult. The less apt like my spouse may never get it though. It rides as good as it looks. I've been driving a small truck with a V8 for the last 10 years and I was a little skeptical about going to a six cylinder. I haven't gotten into the hills with it yet but shofar I'm impressed with the acceleration. The BBP color is a very deep dark brown, it looks darker than the picture in the brochure. The saddle brown leather also looks darker than any of the reviewed photos that I've seen. It's a good combination. Looking forward to going to the ranch with it next week. It's a fun ride.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6 LTD
6 Posts
Curious about the Eyesight function on a couple items... first, if you have the radio on fairly loud can you still hear the tone/beep if the car veers over the lane markings? Secondly, what happens if say a dog or deer runs out in front of the car going at highway speeds... does Eyesight lock up the brakes?

Thanks in advance for all replies...

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited Eyesight
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little update- see my other thread- Now at dealer for transmission fluid code???? 250 miles and CEL already.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Curious about the Eyesight function on a couple items... first, if you have the radio on fairly loud can you still hear the tone/beep if the car veers over the lane markings? Secondly, what happens if say a dog or deer runs out in front of the car going at highway speeds... does Eyesight lock up the brakes?

Thanks in advance for all replies...
The HK (which comes with eyesight package) can be turned up loud enough so you can't hear your own thoughts, so it can drown out the audio alerts for lane departures. You still get visual alerts, of course.

Eyesight doesn't apply brakes in an all-or-nothing fashion. I was traveling highway speeds on a four lane when a truck decided to dart across traffic on a crosssroad. It was close but not close enough to cause an accident so long as the truck cleared the 4-lane. Eyesight wasn't prepared to make the assumption that the truck would clear so it began applying brakes. The truck cleared and the car restored cruise control. If it had been closer and a collision was imminent, I could have changed lanes, clearing the path ahead to prevent a full-on brake. In other words, Eyesight is going to kick in so long as you are pointed at something that it calculates you will impact. You can take situationally-dependent actions to change the response (including disabling the system with the push of a button)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts