Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a new 2004 outback sport a month ago.i was given standard keys.what i am wondering was this car supposed to come with keyless entry?and wasnt i supposed to get remote key fobs for this?i have read elsewhere that the keyless entry is standard on this car.
TIA

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
I'm not sure about being standard, but the first thing to do is look at the window sticker or options listing for your car. If that tells you anything, it might be dealer time. Call them and ask them about it. Brian

·
Registered
'04 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport H-4 4EAT Platinum Silver Metallic
195 Posts
Yeah, that is standard. Still very fresh in my mind after getting my Outback Impreza Sport. It isn't on the '03 TS Wagon though. At least, according to specs I've seen. But '04's all have it, I think, and then they changed how it "chirps" instead of blowing the horn a fraction of a second.
Here's one of many places I was using to check out specs and price, this list shows it as standard:

http://comp.autosite.com/2002autosuite/clients/Autosite/ConfAll.asp?SectionHeader=INSIDE

BTW, I'm still not sure if this car is a Outback (Impreza) Sport or a Impreza (Outback) Sport. Subaru sure mixed models when giving this one a name! It's obviously the Impreza body and not Outback, regardless of the name. Sure confused the heck out of me.

Oh, yeah, I got two key fobs for keyless entry (not to be confused with push-buttons on doors, etc.).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts