Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 OB 2.5 premium CVT
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some pics of katzkin leather that's been installed for at least a few years. How's it holding up? Also need to compare it to some OEM leather seats that have seen a few years of hard use.

It may seem silly but I'm considering doing a leather upgrade on my 2010 OB. The cloth seats have not aged well. They stain very easily. Also since buying the car I have had 3 kids and they have been extremely bad for my once proud interior. I got a quote from Katzkin and I don't know if the upgrade is worth $1500. That's a sizeable chunk of the car's value at this point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed katzkin leather in my wife’s outback at beginning of this year- it was a katzkin premium kit- we are 8 months in and it has held up great- I clean it regularly and use leather treatment. These covers are made the same from the factory if not better. I saw roadwire and katzkin first hand on many vehicles- including two that I previously owned- katzkin are almost OEM if not better- biggest challenge is the install- do it wrong and it won’t fit right, making it look bad and wear quicker. I had a 2001 camaro SS that I spent 2 grand getting seats and door panels recovered in 2001- took weeks and they had to cut all openings by hand- small tears, folds etc I could notice. Katzkin covers are better than those custom ones because every tag, stitch, opening, accessory etc is just like OEM and completely replicated. Hopefully someone has some pics of older covers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts