Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had Katzkin leather installed to replace the cloth seats? Just curious if you are pleased with them. I am seriously considering.

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
1,211 Posts
I had it done on my 99RS and a friend had two new 2009 Foresters done. I have to say the stuff is as good as or better than OEM. There are also options if you don't have heated seats etc. Have it done professionally and you won't be able to tell from OEM.

·
Registered
454 Posts
IMO, I prefer it over the OEM Leather/Vinyl setup on the Outback. My dealership does it often with their showroom Premium models and it's some great stuff in terms of feel. Price tends to be around $1200 installed, I'll be having mine done this winter in a color matching the saddle brown in the new SAP on the Outback

·
Registered
921 Posts
I self-installed Katzkin leather. I paid $750 for the kit, but I honestly think that paying $1200 for it installed is worth it. It's not a fun project, and the door panels are intimidating to do yourself, but entirely possible if you like dong this sort of thing and are confident in your skills and have the right tools.

I think the quality is better than OEM. The new leather feels better than the cloth, which always felt scratchy to me.

The pics don't show the completed door panels. I have one done, and will do the others as time permits.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I self-installed Katzkin leather. I paid $750 for the kit, but I honestly think that paying $1200 for it installed is worth it. It's not a fun project, and the door panels are intimidating to do yourself, but entirely possible if you like dong this sort of thing and are confident in your skills and have the right tools.
QUOTE]

I can get it installed for $1000 so that's sounding pretty good.

·
Registered
921 Posts
QUOTE]

I can get it installed for $1000 so that's sounding pretty good.
That's a good deal! Jump on it. My dealer made me feel like I was from outer space when I asked about aftermarket leather. So I sought out a couple shops. One was full-custom while the other was Katzkin for $1200, but they wanted the car for two days, which would have been a pain logistically. Since I had done reupholstery before I decided to DIY over bits and pieces of free time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2011 premium and upgraded to the Katzkin leather..... it's great ....... I paid 1200.00.....you'll be happy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone. I plan to get this done in the next few weeks. I'll be taking it directly to the place that the dealers use, and they will do it for $1000 + tax so sounds like a pretty good deal. Will let you know how it turns out. I will be getting the "Dune" color which is supposed to be very close to th ivory interior that I currently have. I saw the Katzkin leather in a base model Outback and it looked very nice in this color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For that price, it sounds like they aren't doing the door panels. Just thought you might want to know if you're price shopping. The original OEM leather has door panels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For that price, it sounds like they aren't doing the door panels. Just thought you might want to know if you're price shopping. The original OEM leather has door panels.
That might be the case, although I believe the kit from Katzkin does include the leather for the door panels. If not, no big deal since the door panels already have the vinyl on them which will match close enough. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting Katzkin leather installed next week. Price of $1000 includes full leather on all seats and door panels. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
951 Posts
my wife's impreza has leather seats, i hate them in the summer. i have neoprene covers in my outback, they are far superior all year round.
They custom fit? Have a link?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
fatabbot
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing