Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 OBXT 5spd MT
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got new shoes for my XT last week and since I scoured as many threads on this board as I could find to help me make my final decision, I figured I'd add a picture of mine for anyone else who might be considering these particular wheels. My car is Diamond Gray Metallic and it was especially hard to find any pictures just like mine (is my color really that rare on an OBXT?) but there are enough charcoal gray cars around it wasn't that difficult.

At first I thought I wanted black wheels but decided I don't like how the tires disappear into them, then thought some sort of gunmetal / anthracite / hyper black but without actually being able to see them on the car first I thought it would be tough to get a good match with my paint, then noticed the gold pinstripe on the side and thought I'd look for something in gold or bronze. First choice was the tsw nurburgring but I was concerned about the offset and rubbing so went with the same design in the Kazera KZ-I from Tirerack. Online the "bronze" color appears slightly darker on the Kazera than on the tsw and I would have preferred lighter, but I like how it came out.

All I have right now is a dirty pic of the car in its native environment, but I think it looks best dirty anyway :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 OBW 5MT 2.5i, Satin White Pearl
71 Posts
Nice! Standard size rubber?

I looked at the KZ-1 and was only turned off by the 7.5" width. Looking for a 17x8 for my summers.

The TSW offset is +45, not going to cause an issue in the grand scheme of things unless your tires are significantly larger.

·
Registered
2007 OBXT 5spd MT
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Standard size rubber?

I looked at the KZ-1 and was only turned off by the 7.5" width. Looking for a 17x8 for my summers.

The TSW offset is +45, not going to cause an issue in the grand scheme of things unless your tires are significantly larger.
Thanks. Yes, standard size. I came pretty close to trying 245x50 on a 17x8 rim but couldn't get the confidence I needed to know they would fit without rubbing my rear suspension. And the Discount Tire guys said the 45 offset would rub and recommended the 35 offset for the TSW rim but also said the outer edge of the tire would sit out 1.5" further which I wasn't sure would work either. In the end I decided to play it safe and went with a 7.5" rim and stock size tires. I still need to add a "clean" picture but I am still 100% happy with how it all came out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts