Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are times when I need to leave the headlights on in dark areas but pull the key out to take with me for security reasons but my outback just turns all lights off as soon I take the key out. Anyone know how to remedy this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uh of course /smacks forehead. Makes sense! I just tested and it works. :) Thanks so much.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Funny because I knew headlights turn off automatically when you turn off the key and the other day my 3 year old son was in the driver seat with me in the garage and he manage to turn the headlights on without the key in the ignition and I was wondering how is it possible. I had to turn them off manually but I want them on when car is running so had to pun the key in ignition turn them on and remove key to have them ready for on when the car is started.
Good question if they stay on once manually turned on with no key?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Key on… Auto/Manual HL turn off at key off (IIRC the same for Park).<O:p</O:p
Key off… Turn on Park/HL and it will remain on, as the intended action/result.<O:p</O:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
GasGuzz
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing