Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 White Limited Hybrid
443 Posts
Today my teen son was driving, with a mask on - it repeatedly told him to STAY ALERT, for zero reason we could figure out, other than a mask and glasses - yet he always wears glasses and is scanned as a driver with them on.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
508 Posts
With the incessant dinging and nannying of my 2018, this doesn't give me any indication that the things I hate on the gen 5, are better on the gen 6.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT Ice Silver Metallic
503 Posts
With the incessant dinging and nannying of my 2018, this doesn't give me any indication that the things I hate on the gen 5, are better on the gen 6.
Or just don't buy a trim level that includes the driver monitoring system... one of the many reasons that the Onyx was perfect for what I wanted.

·
Registered
White 2020 Outback Touring XT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Thanks for the email address. I just sent them a long message. We'll see what happens.
Just wanted to give a quick update...my message to the email address for Customer Service got things rolling, and the person that I was connected to there has been great! After a couple email exchanges describing my array of problems, they suggested that I take it back to the dealer for a complete diagnostic. Once I made that appointment the customer service person worked directly with my local dealer to make sure they had what they needed and that they were taking care of me. It was determined that all of the software in my Outback was up to date, so they are replacing the entire unit. They had to order the new unit, so my car is still at the dealer and they gave me a loaner car. We will obviously have to wait and see if the new unit fixes all the problems, but for now I cannot say enough good things about Subaru customer service and the way they have treated me. Very, very professional!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my new 2020 Outback Touring XT for about 6 weeks now. The performance, features and technology are impressive. This my first Subaru and I really like it, EXCEPT the Inattentive Driving Warning is driving me crazy! The "Keep Your Eyes on the Road" alert pops up constantly, even when my eyes are looking straight ahead at the road! All I have to do is move my head a little, or put my hand up to me face, or glance at where I am turning; and the alert pops up.
Is there a way to re-calibrate the sensors, or decrease the sensitivity of the face scan? If not, is there a way to turn the **** thing off?!! What is supposed to be a "safety" feature is actually becoming a nuisance hazard that is interfering with good driving.

Thanks for any help.
She's pretty, but noisy (miss my 3.6) and too many bells and whistles for me. It is absurd that you cannot disable the "eyes on the road" I am constantly yelling at it. So, I put my mask over the "eyesight bar" above the screen to see what happened. It stops. Hello black electrical tape!! Going to give it a try!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I once had driver monitoring go berserk and constantly beep that my eyes were not on the road. It would not stop. I had to pull over, turned off the car and the. restarted the car and everything was fine again. This happed the first month I had the car and hasn’t happened since (I’m in month 5 now.)
Mine did this to me yesterday on my commute home. I was stuck on the freeway so I had to sit through thirty minutes of ding ding Keep your eyes on the road over and over. There was maybe a ten second gap in between.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Mine did this to me yesterday on my commute home. I was stuck on the freeway so I had to sit through thirty minutes of ding ding Keep your eyes on the road over and over. There was maybe a ten second gap in between.
It’s been a year+ since I posted that issue; I have never experienced the issue since that one time.

Sitting with that for 30min is unbearable and unacceptable.

·
Registered
'21 Outback Limited Crimson Red Pearl
112 Posts
Mine did this to me Saturday night when I wore my distance glasses. I don't normally wear them as I can see fine in daylight. At night however it's a little helpful to wear them. Did some research and apparently eyeglasses (among other things) can interfere with the camera's ability to "see" your eyes. Thus the nagging about keeping your eyes on the road. Oy vey.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,655 Posts
Maybe create two profiles - one with glasses and one without.

Reactions: bloomz and johnsepu

·
Premium Member
2020 White Limited Hybrid
443 Posts
I have created 2 for myself, based on an idea here - I named one Handsome and the other one Sexy for a nice surprise each time I start the car. Never know how it is going to greet me.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts