Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this head unit and it has its issues but its far, far superior to the factory **** and i couldn't live without nav. anyway how do you change the intro screen? i know im not the only one with this radio, i read a few things about other people buying a radio like that for an outback on this forum. please help it is so hard to use and i can't find anything thru google.
see this is what im talking about
pm'd this guy but he just about never comes on here anymore, last time i sent him a pm, took 3 or 4 months to respond

·
Registered
05 Xt beatin' to an inch of its life
628 Posts
Did you look in the instruction manual? I have an Excelon as well, different model, but I followed the instructions and it worked for me. I had to upload a picture as a jpeg or gif onto a thumbdrive and plug it into the radio. I do not know if your model has a usb input or not though. If you do not have a manual for the radio, Kenwood's website has them for download.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have to download it, the printed quick guide that came with is worthless. i didn't see anything in there. the only USB i have is for the ipod, the front corner of mine has a slot for a mini SD card.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
You could also check out over on the Kenwood forums to see if they have the instructions posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts