Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a Kenwood self-amplified sub in my Outback XT. Initially, I installed it up under the glove box, taking about two hours. However, my wife objected and I had to cut all the wires, add more wire, and then splice all the wires so that the sub could go behind the passenger seat (another two hours). The sub puts out 100 watts and definately makes for better music. Here's a pic of the sub:

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here's a pic of the remote for the sub. I tuck the remote under the driver's seat. I usually don't adjust the sub much once I get it where I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, the sub doesn't come close to fitting under the passenger seat. For some reason Subaru has made this area much smaller than on my previous '99 Outback. On my '99 I had a 10 disc CD changer under the passenger seat. I could understand if the passenger seat was motorized but mine is not. It also makes the backseat seem smaller because you can't put your feet under the seat. As my wife and I just got married and are still in grad school we don't have many people in the back (no kids for at least 3-4 years).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sub is part of Kenwood's WOOX series. I bought it about three years ago and had it in my '99 Outback until I traded it in. I just rewired it for my new Outback. It has a surprising amount of power for its size and definately helps to improve the sound quality of the Outback's speakers. I had upgraded my speakers on my '99 Outback to Pioneer's and I am tempted to do the same on my '05. However, the stock speakers on the '05 are much better than those from the '99.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
natethomas
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing