Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '13 Outback 3.6R has been a wonderful car for 5 years and 51,000 miles. With only a few minor glitches, the reliability, comfort, ergonomics, practicality, and even fun factor (3.6R!) have been great. So good, in fact, that when my son's family needed a car, I happily sold it to him this fall. For now, I've jumped on the electric vehicle bandwagon, but I suspect there will be more Subaru's in my future. I'll let my son know about this forum because it's been a great source of tech info on the Outback. Thanks to all who take the time to contribute. And special thanks to the moderators who keep it so good. :smile2:

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,308 Posts
Tesla X? Volt/Bolt?

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My other 2 vehicles are a Toyota Land Cruiser and a Ford Fusion Energi, both '17s. The Energi came with a full tank of gas last spring. We use it every day and haven't bought gas for it yet!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,308 Posts
My other 2 vehicles are a Toyota Land Cruiser and a Ford Fusion Energi, both '17s. The Energi came with a full tank of gas last spring. We use it every day and haven't bought gas for it yet!
hope you got some seafoam in that gas. (the greatest fuel stabilizer I ever tried,... I mean like 2.5 years on 5 gallon can gas).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was looking at a 2014 2.5 outback today for my wife it has 90k and drives fine. I told my daughter about the deal because she has same year ans same model but it only has 1/2 as many miles. She says she wants me to buy hers so so can get a bigger vehicle because she has 3 babies under 3 and is not stopping there.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
449 Posts
It's probably already crap. Ethanol gas starts to degrade after 1 month!
I used to boat for about 40 years. Had all sorts of engines and all sorts of gasolines. I NEVER used stabilizer even with ethanol and my boats were out of the water from October 1 until May 1. Always started the first time, every time. My most recent experiences are about 7 years ago so if the blend changed since then I can't say but I always hear of people doing all sorts of magical things to vehicles for winter storage that are a complete waste of time and money.

However, YMMV~~~:wink2:

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
1,032 Posts
I used to boat for about 40 years. Had all sorts of engines and all sorts of gasolines. I NEVER used stabilizer even with ethanol and my boats were out of the water from October 1 until May 1. Always started the first time, every time. My most recent experiences are about 7 years ago so if the blend changed since then I can't say but I always hear of people doing all sorts of magical things to vehicles for winter storage that are a complete waste of time and money.

However, YMMV~~~:wink2:
I would wager the odds are pretty good...especially 7 years ago that you were getting ethanol free gas...especially if you gassed up your boats on the lake.

Last year my pressure washer was running like crap. Fought that sucker until I finally used up the gas that was in my can that was around 3-4 months old. No problems with the gas when I 1st bought it. When I got some fresh gas my pressure washer was happy again!

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
449 Posts
I boated in the big water, the Atlantic Ocean! No ethanol free fuel was available by then. And possibly the fuel in the pressure washer was under different conditions than my boat. You probably shed stored or at least garage stored. My boat was out in the open in a marina.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
1,032 Posts
I boated in the big water, the Atlantic Ocean! No ethanol free fuel was available by then. And possibly the fuel in the pressure washer was under different conditions than my boat. You probably shed stored or at least garage stored. My boat was out in the open in a marina.
That's surprising! I was boating around that time and many of the marinas in the SE lakes had ethanol free gas available!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts