Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, taking a two month solo road trip in my 2016 Subaru Outback- fancy with eyesight. Inclined to bring along second key in case I lose my key ring. Thing is, I can't leave that second key in the car and lock the car, since the Subaru security system won't let you lock the keys in the car. What to do? Can I wrap the second key in aluminum foil or an anti-static bag or whatevs and keep it in the car AND lock it? Haaaaaaalp!

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight, Keyless, Nav, Moonroof
96 Posts
Wrap the extra in foil and leave it in the car. Try it.

Rememeber to program the code for the hatch so you can access the car if you do lose the primary fob, otherwise you are SOL.

Safe travels

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,434 Posts
Get to a sporting goods place or runner's shop and get one of those velcro key holders that strap into your shoelaces. Then don't lose your shoes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wrapped it in many layers of Heavy Duty aluminum foil & that did the trick. I'm not aware of programming the rear hatch. Don't see a key pad. Time to RTFM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To program the rear hatch with a PIN, I found the instructions in the UM were less than, uh, clear. Found a video & will give it a shot. Natch this site won't let me post it because I don't post enough, so let's see if I can do an end run...
youtube.com/watch?v=nLBgLoY6FQI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts