Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 3.6 limited Outback
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT would be nice to have a key fob with a door opener on it. My garage is detached so sometimes I get out to the garage and have forgotten a key to the door. If my key fob had a garage door opener built in I could control the door too. And just as importantly I wouldn't need to carry a door key all day.
Is this something anybody has seen already?
Is it possible to get an aftermarket car starting/control key fob?

thnaks

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,239 Posts
Get a small garage door opener or just program your homelink. ( details in your OM).

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

·
Registered
205 Posts
Get a small garage door opener or just program your homelink. ( details in your OM).

How's that (programming homelink) help when he's walking to his detached garage which contains the Subaru inside?

He wants to be able to open the door to get to the car without carrying a separate garage door opener or key to garage door.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,112 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,239 Posts
How's that (programming homelink) help when he's walking to his detached garage which contains the Subaru inside?

He wants to be able to open the door to get to the car without carrying a separate garage door opener or key to garage door.
Just great, brilliant, yes master. I use both plus have an exterior digital door pad in front of my garage.
Yes they have a device for that.....It called a key to the (side door???)

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited -2.5 CVT ---- 'Gone' 2014 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT ---- 'Rehomed' 2012 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Deep Indigo Pearl ---- "RIP" 2010 Outback - 2.5 CVT - Silver - So's my hair
120 Posts
Number of variables. Most important manufacture, model of your garage door opener.

Someone has probably 'hacked' the Homelink in their Subaru to activate when fob is used to unlock doors.

Not exactly what I think you want to do... From Walmart

BE SURE TO READ THE 'ABOUT THIS ITEM'. Doesn't work with all openers.

·
Registered
2017 3.6 limited Outback
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks to everyone for their replies. The take away: no market for a fob with door opener in it. And, laughing at oneself is not always therapeutic. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts