Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Legacy outback. When I turn the key all the way on without starting the engine, I have a clicking under the dash and the radiator fan cycles between low and high speed the whole time. Not sure if this is normal on this kind of car. I'm thinking its not and may be a bad temp sender .

·
Registered
2014 OBW 3.6R Limited, 1997 OBW 2.5L Auto (sold, but not forgotten), and 1991 Ford F150
1,525 Posts
Not normal.

Under the dash on the drivers side are green connectors that are only supposed to be connected for testing and diagnostics purposes. When connected and the key is turned on, the cooling fans cycle on and off and a whole lot of solenoids start clicking. It can also generate multiple unrelated CEL codes.

It sounds to me as if you or someone connected them. To fix, simply disconnect and leave them apart for normal operation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not normal.

Under the dash on the drivers side are green connectors that are only supposed to be connected for testing and diagnostics purposes. When connected and the key is turned on, the cooling fans cycle on and off and a whole lot of solenoids start clicking. It can also generate multiple unrelated CEL codes.

It sounds to me as if you or someone connected them. To fix, simply disconnect and leave them apart for normal operation.

Thank you very much for the info. Looked under the dash and they were connected. Unplugged them and the car runs great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts